Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Lost LTCF in delco, has anyone dealt with this?

Long story short, I lost my wallet with ltcf inside. My wife called the sheriff's office and they said I had to write a letter explaining that I lost my ltcf. They would notorize it and revoke my ltcf. I would then have to reapply.
    Is this how they handle it or did I get someone who was just assuming this is what happens.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Default Re: Lost LTCF in delco, has anyone dealt with this?

I recall seeing couple other threads on here about this exact thing in Delco. If you search around you could get more details

I moved about two years ago. I asked my (ex-neighbor) if i had to renew/reapply for my license, he/she ( the sheriff's right hand man/woman)said just to wait till its up for renewal then get the address updated.

don't know if its legal but i took his/her advice.
    FJB

(Delaware County)

My wife went through it, like you said had to reapply like she never had one before PLUS a notarized letter for an added cost, good thing we know a notary

BimmerJon almost went through it:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...procedure.html

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the replies, I kinda knew the answer but was hoping for a surprise.

(Delaware County)

oh man GL!!!

(Delaware County)

Found it yesterday, what a relief. I was so pissed at myself for the last week and a half I could not enjoy anything.
    Now everything seems a little nicer and I am really getting into the Christmas spirit.
    I am still upset at what the Delco Sheriff makes people go through to get a replacement. I am going to try to draft a letter and send it to him.

(Delaware County)

I’m glad you found it..

Unfortunately this is an issue. It appears to me to be an oversight in 18 Pa.C.S. 6109 that there are no provisions for issuing a duplicate or replacement license, nor is there a provision for cancelation of a license. So even if the Sheriff wanted to just issue a replacement, his only legal option is to “revoke” the old permit and go through the entire application process again.

This also plays into the hands of the anti-gun crowd because of the assumed negative nature of a “revoked” permit. I.E. your lost permit will show up in an anti-gun statistic relating to revoked permits.

Here’s a sample of what a lost or destroyed license amendment to 18 Pa.C.S. 6109 could look like:
    (1) A person whose permit is lost or destroyed shall submit a notarized affidavit to the Sheriff stating their name, address, license number and that the license was lost or destroyed.
    (2) The Sheriff shall, within five days of receiving the affidavit, cancel the lost license and issue a new license for the balance of the current license period.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    I’m glad you found it..

Unfortunately this is an issue. It appears to me to be an oversight in 18 Pa.C.S. 6109 that there are no provisions for issuing a duplicate or replacement license, nor is there a provision for cancelation of a license. So even if the Sheriff wanted to just issue a replacement, his only legal option is to “revoke” the old permit and go through the entire application process again.

This also plays into the hands of the anti-gun crowd because of the assumed negative nature of a “revoked” permit. I.E. your lost permit will show up in an anti-gun statistic relating to revoked permits.

Here’s a sample of what a lost or destroyed license amendment to 18 Pa.C.S. 6109 could look like:
    (1) A person whose permit is lost or destroyed shall submit a notarized affidavit to the Sheriff stating their name, address, license number and that the license was lost or destroyed.
    (2) The Sheriff shall, within five days of receiving the affidavit, cancel the lost license and issue a new license for the balance of the current license period.
    DELCO made my wife do just that, but still treated it like a new app when issuing the new one going through the whole process again.
    As for renewals, you go through the entire process again as well, so in affect it's like applying new no matter what.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    I’m glad you found it..

The issue I have is that they REVOKE it.... which I strongly disagree with as future applications for CCW/LTCF, resident and non-resident ask the applicant if they have ever been REVOKED before...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast