Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Ruger SR9C Vs. Glock 19, Ruger vs. the Champ.

Ruger SR9C Vs. Glock 19,

Ruger vs. the Champ. Personally this is a compliment for Ruger to even be able to compete with the Glock 19. I personally never would have considered the P85/95 in this comparison for many reason. So +1 for Ruger new design team. The SR9 or C (I own the C) is a good pistol it has all the amenities you would want in these type pistols. Size wise the Glock is a little thicker in the grips & slightly longer barrel. In the frame really they are nearly the same thickness. The sights are nice on the SR9 but I like/shoot well with the factory sights on my Glocks (I know some people do an other don't). Ergo may go to the Ruger but with the Hogue slip on the Glock 19, the Glock may edge the Ruger out. The Glock feels lighter maybe because of the 2 extra rounds in the Ruger (when was the last time a Glock loss a capacity war?). They both shoot to POI or aim and seem very accurate and fast shooting in this comparison it almost like kissing your cousin they both performed well. My SR9c is the ss and polymer version it looks and feel great in hand and while shooting. The Glock 19 has Glock's Tinefer finish on it enough said about that. The G19 shoots like the perfect size 9mm as does the SR9.

Bottom line push turn to shove I'd choose Glock 19 I have more mags and gear for it. I've spent more time training with it. I do think the Ruger Sr9C looks better then my G19 but I like the Glocks simple looks. I think either one could do the job the Ruger new but its a solid fighting pistol.IMHO

Ruger is stepping in the right direction in copying the Glocks trigger, I wish I had the Taurus 24/7 with that trigger.

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Ruger SR9C Vs. Glock 19, Ruger vs. the Champ.

I own both a Glock and a Ruger for carry, I have an LC9 for concealed and a Glock 19 gen 3 for open. My glock looks great with meprolight night sites, gotta love tritium! My Ruger is nice and light for those hot summer days. I dont think you could truly go wrong either way. When I used to sell guns the Glock was a much bigger seller, no doubt because of its reliability and possibly because everyone knows the name "Glock". I have shot the SR9 and the C model and they are very nice as well, but all in all I'm with you. Glock all the way. As for taurus, I think it is great there is a lifetime warranty, because you might need it.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9C Vs. Glock 19, Ruger vs. the Champ.

I don't really like the SR9c trigger. There is no definitive break point and the reset is all the way forward. Fix that and its not a bad gun.

The factory sights form a radius, not a level horizontal line. That is weird.

The safety is "meh". Its smaller than I prefer, and I don't like ambi, but it works ok.

(Columbia County)

I have found that most of the modern polymer guns are accurrate, dependable, and durable enough that you don't suffer choosing one over the other. I agree with you OP in that Ruger definitely did very well with the SR9 and SR9c (very Glock like).

Out of my shooting group, we have all of the main polymer guns covered. My buddy Joe has the XDm, Flores has the Ruger SR9c, my wife shoots the M&P9, and I love my trusty Glock 19.

(Montgomery County)

I'll be the bad guy here, but I'd take the SR9c over a glock any day. The 2 glocks that I shot literally had FTF's every few rounds, stovepipes and it was a terrible experience. Granted it was a Gen 4, which Glock seems to be fixing slowly but surely. Brass was in my face every round!

The SR9c, once you clean out the striker channel, I've never had one single FTF or FTE and it's accurate as shit. The trigger is great in the c model, and it's "okay" on the full size SR9.

Everyones different, but SR9c wins for me all day.

I actually wanted a baby glock so bad, that when I had all the issues with the two that I shot, it pushed me into my XD 9 subcompact which rocks!

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah only beef i have with the Ruger is that the trigger reset is all the way forward, took getting used to at the range.

I've shot the src9 a lot, and loved it, but the 19 is my primary carry weapon so of course I'm more comfortable with it.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah, I should probably clear up that my issues were with Gen4 Glocks and my friends with Gen3's love them. Reliable and accurate.

I just really liked the look of the Gen 4 and so I was disappointed. It was just my personal experience. There's millions of reliable Glocks sitting on hips at this very moment.

Just as I like the Ruger better, someone else will like x or y gun better. Everybody's "champ" is different.

End disclaimer!
    Last edited by ckk09; December 7th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ckk09 View Post
    Yeah, I should probably clear up that my issues were with Gen4 Glocks and my friends with Gen3's love them. Reliable and accurate.

I just really liked the look of the Gen 4 and so I was disappointed. It was just my personal experience. There's millions of reliable Glocks sitting on hips at this very moment.

Just as I like the Ruger better, someone else will like x or y gun better. Everybody's "champ" is different.

End disclaimer!
    Hahaha, no worries here. I'd never give you any fanboy rhetoric. I had a very negative experience with my Gen 4 Glock which was traded for a Gen 3. The Gen 4 would eject cases on top of my right shoulder and sometimes right in the center of my damn forehead. It also had the other classic Gen 4 feature of FTEs. I was so ticked off, but decided I would see if it would break in at all and then I noticed a third issue. With a TLR-1 on the rail the slide stop would disengage when the gun would go into battery. I was firing and felt an odd pulse in the recoil and stopped firing immediately, upon doing a full inspection and dropping the slide the darn thing would just bump right down, you could pull the slide right off lol. Glock fixed that faulty spring for me and put on a wait list for new recoil springs etc. I decided I wasn't going to wait for the next year to get update after update until they ironed the Gen 4s out so I just traded it for a Gen 3 that I flipping love.

Is the 4th Gen version really a Glock? LOL it doesn't seem to have the quality of the Glocks that I own. I'm just asking.

I'd take a SR9C over a 4th Gen Glock, I hear the 9mms are pretty good.

(Montgomery County)

The two Gen 4's that I've had were flawless, though they were both .40's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast