Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Who says Magpul BAD Levers Don't FIT?!?!

Ya just gotta get "Adventurous."

Didn't take very long, But to get my Magpul B.A.D Lever to fit on my DPMS Sportical Upper, it did require some quick machine work.

I was just glad to get my B.A.D Lever to work, without having to send it back.

Thought I would share...
    Last edited by reb.; December 6th, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Who says Magpul BAD Levers Don't FIT?!?!

Once you train with the Magpul BAD lever, you will find that it is one of the best enhancements that you can add to the AR to increase your efficiency for doing reloads. My wife and I both run it on our rifles and I can tell you that they do cut down on reload times.

(Lancaster County)

Yeah, haven't used it at the range yet... But I have done some practice reloads and it's nice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Once you train with the Magpul BAD lever, you will find that it is one of the best enhancements that you can add to the AR to increase your efficiency for doing reloads. My wife and I both run it on our rifles and I can tell you that they do cut down on reload times.
    Lots of people have taken them off too.

You are adding weight for the mag follower to lift which can cause function issues with some guys and some mags.

A lot of folks accidentally hit it while they remove their finger from the trigger guard during reloads, too.

I hope you like it, looks like you're pretty invested in the concept now after cutting into your gun to make it work.

I haven't trained with it, but i love it. makes it alot easier to lock the bolt back too.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

You are adding weight for the mag follower to lift which can cause function issues with some guys and some mags.

A lot of folks accidentally hit it while they remove their finger from the trigger guard during reloads, too.

I hope you like it, looks like you're pretty invested in the concept now after cutting into your gun to make it work.
    Pretty invested, Hell I got PAID to mill that out. The stripped upper is about as "bottom of the barrel" as you can get anyway...

(Montgomery County)

I would never recommend someone run an accessory on their rifle that they would not be able to efficiently and effectively manipulate - it would be just dead weight. But to those that take the time to learn their platform and any accessories they add to it, they should not have any issues. If someone is constantly actuating the BAD lever by accident, it is probably in their best interest to remove the accessory.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    I would never recommend someone run an accessory on their rifle that they would not be able to efficiently and effectively manipulate - it would be just dead weight. But to those that take the time to learn their platform and any accessories they add to it, they should not have any issues. If someone is constantly actuating the BAD lever by accident, it is probably in their best interest to remove the accessory.
    Roger that. Just saying I know a number of talented shooters who gave them an honest run then ditched them, that's all.

(Montgomery County)

Roger that. Just saying I know a number of talented shooters who gave them an honest run then ditched them, that's all.
    I agree with you 100% and you raise a valid point. A lot of folks hang accessories off of their rifles and don't run and gun with them to know if it works for them - they only ASSUME that it will enhance their efficiency. The only way to know if an accessory enhances your capability as a shooter is if you run and gun it. Fact is, a lot of folks just baby their weapons and freak out at the slightest scratch. I don't baby my stuff since I should know what would cause my weapon to malfunction. You don't want to find out when it is too late and by that time you can't learn from it.

(Lancaster County)

I havent heard of this problem before. Does it usually affect substandard mags? I am guessing pmags work just fine since magpul designed both. Can you explain this further as it will determine whether or not I add a BAD lever to my build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast