Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock 22 gen 4 at gun shows

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how much cheaper you can pick up a brand new Glock 22 gen 4 at gun shows if anyone has done so? I am planning on going to the Eagle Arms gun show coming up on Dec 17 and I'm wondering if I should order online now or wait till the show.

$549 has been the cheapest I have found a G22 gen 4 online.
    -Pete

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Glock 22 gen 4 at gun shows

Years ago gun shows were like gun flea markets where guys set up to actually sell items at a discount to move their stock.

Now they seem to be gouging contests with the occasional deal here and there.

Modern gun shows are good places to go and look/touch/feel the latest guns due to the variety to be found there, but then you go to your local dealer to buy.

I see very few good deals on new guns at shows, used guns are a slightly better bet to find a deal on.

If you are not in a hurry to buy, try the show, you never know, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

As for online, here is one for $529.50 shipped if you BIN or take your chances and try bidding it for the starting bid of $499:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=262745520

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I'd just go in order to handle a wide variety of guns. Since you already know the market pricing, you can spot a deal if one pops up.

(Montgomery County)

I haven't seen any really good deals on new Glocks at the last couple of shows I've been to. Tanner's or Classic Pistol usually have fairly reasonable everyday pricing on their Glocks.

(Current Glock Sport Shooting Foundation member pricing is $425, but you have to be a member for at least a year before you can purchase under the program.)

(Montgomery County)

Just noticed that Summit has some coming in (but not in stock yet) listed at $475, and these are with night sights too:

Summit Gun Brokers

That's an outstanding deal, well worth keeping an eye on their web site for when they come in.

Me personally, I'd wait until after the show. Print the prices off of your PC (this is what I do) and take all of it with you to the show. I have always had an internet price beaten from a dealer at a show. I bought a PT 92 from a dealer at a show for $50 less than a dealer quoted me in the town I live in. It was the same dealer, and when he quoted me the price at his shop, he would not go down anymore. If you can talk sh.. (I am pretty good at it), you can get a good deal at a show. They are there to sell as much as possible, especially guns that are dusty. When I go to a show, I take either cash or the platinum card. I don't even try to do a debit, and I only use credit if I didn't take enough cash. The green stuff still works the best. My latest example was an HK USP. The model I bought was 1168.00 , that price being the cheapest I could find it for on line. I got it at a show for $1025. I get my prices before I go to a show and I take the price quote on paper. If a person at a show can sell the gun cheaper and still make a few skins, they will usually do business with you, at least from my dealings. The other plus sides to going to a show; good food, and a lot of other cool stuff to look at and buy. Found some glue at a gun show that makes Super Glue look like Elmer's school glue.

Edit: My wife now actually looks for gun shows that we can drive to and from in the same say. That is part of the cool stuff bit I was talking about. Don't got a wife? Take your girlfriend. Leave the arrogance at home and it is a fun day.
    Last edited by harold63; December 7th, 2011 at 01:00 AM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PBH View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how much cheaper you can pick up a brand new Glock 22 gen 4 at gun shows if anyone has done so? I am planning on going to the Eagle Arms gun show coming up on Dec 17 and I'm wondering if I should order online now or wait till the show.

$549 has been the cheapest I have found a G22 gen 4 online.
    got mine for $499 brand new, hanover township