Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Ruger Mk III Rail

Getting some conflicting search results.

Should my Ruger Mk III Competition pistol be able to mount the same rail used on the other models? My Mk III didn't come with one. I'm looking for a cheap rail. Any suggestions?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Ruger Mk III Rail

Which model is it?
    As far as I know there isn't a "Competition" model, but there is a Target model (adjustable sights, bull barrel).

I guess it doesn't matter, any factory Ruger MKIII rail should fit.

We are talking about an optic rail here, right?

If so here are a few;

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/ca...ories/ts-rails

http://www.hornetproducts.com/ViewPr...elNumber=RM2FD

http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchan...egory_Code=VC2
    Last edited by rwb1500; December 6th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Washington County)

Thanks.

This competition model:

http://www.ruger.com/products/markII...on/models.html

And yes, a rail to mount optics on.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Mifflin County)

I have a .22/45 model, it came with the rail. It mounts with 3 screws. One between the rear sight and the ejection port, and two just in front of the port. Does your gun have holes drilled and tapped in those locations? Mine had recessed screws in the holes from the factory. The rail came with different screws to mount it.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post

Should my Ruger Mk III Competition pistol be able to mount the same rail used on the other models? My Mk III didn't come with one. I'm looking for a cheap rail. Any suggestions?
    Are you talking about a picatinny upper receiver type mount, or an under barrel rail mount?

If you're talking about a receiver mounted rail, several companies make them with slots for either weaver or picatinny configurations. I just got a picatinny receiver mount for my threaded barrel Mk III 22/45 the other day for about $25.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    I have a .22/45 model, it came with the rail. It mounts with 3 screws. One between the rear sight and the ejection port, and two just in front of the port. Does your gun have holes drilled and tapped in those locations? Mine had recessed screws in the holes from the factory. The rail came with different screws to mount it.
    Yup, I have the tapped holes.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Are you talking about a picatinny upper receiver type mount, or an under barrel rail mount?

If you're talking about a receiver mounted rail, several companies make them with slots for either weaver or picatinny configurations. I just got a picatinny receiver mount for my threaded barrel Mk III 22/45 the other day for about $25.
    I'm talking about upper receiver. Same as the target model shows on the Ruger website. Thanks.

If you have the 3 hole tapped pattern on your receiver, as you indicate you do, then yes, any mount made for the Ruger Mk III should work.

Keep in mind that a Ruger brand mount is designed to work only with ruger's own proprietary rings. So if you don't want to use Ruger rings, be sure not to get a ruger only mount.

This is the one i just got, you should be able to find it on numerous sites:

VC2SM Volquartsen Ruger Mark II, Mark III and 22/45 Scope Mount $28.95
    Finish: Silver (VC2SM)

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post

The factory drilled & tapped receiver on the mkII and mkIII are the same pattern. Any base for them will fit. I also recommend Weaver for ease of getting rings.

(Washington County)

I found a cheap holographic sight in the bottom of a drawer. This is a plinking gun so I wanted to put it on for fun. It doesn't use rings. Just those two screws and two slots required for alignment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast