Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Talking The Remington 870 Tactical!

Greetings, all.

Just dropping you all a line to sing the praises of my new home defense shotgun. I picked up a Remington 870 Tactical 12 gauge pump at a gun show at the National Guard Armory on Roosevelt Boulevard in PA a few weeks ago. ($420.00)

TRULY a fantastic weapon at a very affordable price! I fed it full-on Federal 3" magnum buckshot as well as Hornady TAP ammo (my favorite!) Super low recoil and very manageable in any situation. It has a jellylike recoil pad that soaks up a ton of felt recoil. Mine is matte OD and black. I'm planning on upgrading it with a good tactical flashlight and maybe an extra shell holder. It seems to be drilled and tapped on top of the receiver for optics. The synthetic stock/pistol grip and fore-end are great.

The only negative situation I encountered was the first time I shucked an empty shell out of the weapon, I shucked hard, and the fore-end grip stuck (wrapped around) the very front of the receiver. I had to unstick it only once, and it never did it again. It seemed like the fore-end grip was a hair too long, but I guess that was a break-in situation. I'm contacting Remington just to be safe. Otherwise, BOOM! Awesome!

Love it!

photo courtesy of Kyle Cassidy

- David
    Last edited by Brainclaw; April 18th, 2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Fixed missing picture

(Philadelphia County)

That's the gun you brought to the range 2 weekends ago right? If so it's a nice looking gun.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Carbon County)

Sweet! I like posts with action shots!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Bucks County)

Yep! That's the one!

Love it.

(Lycoming County)

Brainclaw,

Nice action shot!

What are the two pistols you have there?

The one on the left looks like a Glock but I can't tell for sure.

The one on the right, maybe a Glock too, again not sure.

Hard to tell with the actions open.
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Bucks County)

Default handguns...

Hey there!

My carry gun there on the bench is a Glock 29 10mm.

The other is my wife's new carry gun, a Springfield XD in 9mm.

She loves it! It is really an impressive gun.

best,

D.

(Montgomery County)

Nice photo. Isn't it a wee bit loud to shoot an 870 indoors? Egads!
    I am a fan of the 870.
    In fact, I am hoping to put together a short-barrel'd sporting clay event in PA this Summer.
    Figure something like no barrels OVER 21 inches and I am going to try to get a waver to allow us to load three shells at each station (two birds).
    I'll even have a couple loaners for those who are social-shotgun-deficient.
    If you've not shot sporting clays, you're missing one of the best times you can have legally. If you've not shot them with a shorty SG, it's a hoot.
    Stay tuned......
    Mike

Default Here's my gift to me for my wife leaving me!!!!

Remington Tactical 12 ga. with 18.5" barrel, cylinder choke, and 5 round magazine. Goodies added: HiVIZ snap on light pipe front sight, TSA buttstock adapter, AR-15 type buffer tube, 3-position collapsible stock and pistol grip, slip-on buttstock pad, TacStar 2 shot magazine extension and mag clamp with mounting hole for a side mount sling, simple adjustable sling. Not shown: Allen brand nylon belt with 25 shotgun shell loops ($5 at Dicks)

BTW: I paid (I think) $289 for the 870 at Army-Navy in Whitehall, PA. The model which included the 2 shot extension was $30 extra.

(Berks County)

gotta tell you i love my 870, but i love it even more after i put on the knoxx specops stock....i think that and a good light are the two best things you can do...it cost about half the price of the gun but after shooting bout 70 slugs and 50 00buck it was well worht it, didnt feel anything in my shoulder... not the most practicle but you can shoot it with one hand with no problem...

807's are great shotguns. I own two...the first belonged to my brother...it is an 870 that he bought in the 80s and never used, so he gave it to me. I repainted it with Norrell's Moly Resin for that two toned black/od green finish. I put a Choate Mark 6 stock on it.

My 2nd 870 I just picked up recently. Has the +2 extension. I only paid $266 for it, so I cannot complain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast