Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default To those here against Sunday Hunting

So, I (and a few others here I'm sure), Want to know what it was you did today that was SO IMPORTANT that I had to help my Wife decorate the house instead of Hunting for that buck thats' been eluding me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my wife and my home. And spending time together is great. But, The weather was great to be outside.
    And I coulda hunted instead, either at camp in Potter or the neighbors back 40.

I wonder, if I search the past posts and see who here is against Sunday hunting for various reasons and was posting here today??

So, tell us, what did you do today, that was so neccessary that I shouldn't hunt?
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: To those here against Sunday Hunting

i have nothing agianst sunday hunting. in fact i would probably hunt agian if that happened.
    i'am however in the no semiautos for large game camp.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Somerset County)

If you were so hot to go hunting on this nice day (and it was nice, no argument there) why didn't you go coyote hunting? Shoot some of them and there may be more deer next year.

You can hunt them on Sundays you know.

Dale

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    If you were so hot to go hunting on this nice day (and it was nice, no argument there) why didn't you go coyote hunting? Shoot some of them and there may be more deer next year.

You can hunt them on Sundays you know.

Dale

Don't get me wrong, I hunt LOTS of Sundays, and on both sides of the River. And I hardly ever see anyone else.

Wife knows what seasons are when, and since I predator hunt all year long she had me.

But, the Subject du-jour is the Sunday Deer hunting debate.
    Those opposed to allowing us to DEER hunt are too worried they'll be pushed out of the woods by blood thirsty back-woodsmen with yuckie guns. And some of those opposed are us.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bowanna View Post
    But, the Subject du-jour is the Sunday Deer hunting debate.
    There's the rub in my opinion. Deer, squirrels, bears, it doesn't matter. The proposed legislation allows all Sunday hunting pursuant to the regs established by the PGC. I'm in favor of some expansion but not all. So I'm opposed to the current proposed legislation.

Submit a bill that specifies what seasons and species and I might support it, might not. But a blanket thing like now, no way.

That's what's great about this country, we both get to express our opinion.

Dale

So, tell us, what did you do today, that was so neccessary that I shouldn't hunt?
    LOL no.

However, I don't care if you get to hunt sundays, I just don't want to hear you or anyone else whine when I come hiking through your "territory" or get mad when I am in the woods on my ATV.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I just don't want to hear you or anyone else whine when I come hiking through your "territory" or get mad when I am in the woods on my ATV.

Justin
    Friends and I (18 of us, yes there's a few I call friends) have a 450ac lease in Allegany cnty NY and an even larger portion in Potter.
    We can hunt on Sundays there on the NY side (and we do) and some of us get to our stands on ATV's or use them to set up drivers (for drives).
    ATV's have no effect on deer movements as proven by the (tree)standers with deer around them when a ATV goes by.
    And if someone sets up a treestand off a trail, why should they get upset when someone walks by. I've heard guys spout off about that and could never understand what they're griping about (jeez, you set up a treestand on a hiking trail and get upset about people hiking by??)..
    Last edited by Gun Bowanna; December 4th, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Friends and I (18 of us, yes there's a few I call friends) have a 450ac lease in Allegany cnty NY and an even larger portion in Potter.
    We can hunt on Sundays there on the NY side (and we do) and some of us get to our stands on ATV's or use them to set up drivers (for drives).
    ATV's have no effect on deer movements as proven by the (tree)standers with deer around them when a ATV goes by.
    And if someone sets up a treestand off a trail, why should they get upset when someone walks by. I've heard guys spout off about that and could never understand what they're griping about (jeez, you set up a treestand on a hiking trail and get upset about people hiking by??)..
    Then we're in agreement! Hunt on!

Justin

PS I'd be more inclined to hunt again if it was on Sundays as well. As it stands now, I simple do not have the time otherwise.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

i don't understand what the deal with sunday hunting is. i was born and raised in ny and we have sunday hunting for every thing. you know what happens on sundays? people go hunting lol i don't know why people think its going to become some kind of free for all just cause hunting opens up on sunday.

how ever i am like some one else stated against semi autos for big game. i know how that works in ny and it means deer season sounds like a freakin battle field.

i for one work full time and go to school full time and weekends would be great to hunt but its not worth it for me to take off a weekend unless i can hunt both days.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    There's the rub in my opinion. Deer, squirrels, bears, it doesn't matter. The proposed legislation allows all Sunday hunting pursuant to the regs established by the PGC. I'm in favor of some expansion but not all. So I'm opposed to the current proposed legislation.

Submit a bill that specifies what seasons and species and I might support it, might not. But a blanket thing like now, no way.

That's what's great about this country, we both get to express our opinion.

Dale
    Ok this confuses me. So you would be in favor of Sunday hunting if the Bill limited it to certain seasons, but not overall. So deer hunting on Sunday is ok, but you would be opposed to squirrel hunting?

What is special about Sunday. If you choose to be at home that is your choice. If I choose to be in the field, that should be my choice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast