Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Concealing my XD

I've recently received my LCF (within the stated time and for $20) and want to carry my SA XD concealed. I've been a bit self-conscious with the holsters I've been using: A DeSantis with a forward cant and an inside the waist band model. It might be me, but the form of the grip seems to be more visible than I'd like, even at my hip. Of course a full sized handgun is not ideal for CC, but I'd like any specific recommendations you might have.

Thanks.

(York County)

Default Re: Concealing my XD

I don't CC, although I do own a XD 45 Tactical (full size) as well as a full size 1911.

I open carry almost exclusively, but I still own CC holsters for each, and you're correct, the XD is a whole lotta gun to try to conceal.

That said, look into the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holsters. I don't have theirs but I have one similar and I think you would be impressed with it's ability to conceal, and to do so comfortably...

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I use a Crossbreed for my XD. I used it for three years, every day and it worked well. I switched over to a Glock 26, so don't use the crossbreed as much now.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for your advice... I'll look into the Crossbreed.

(Cambria County)

I carry a full size XD9 in a crossbreed supertuck. Rides very nice and conceals nicely.

I think the biggest problem is the same problem everyone has at first. Your just convinced that "everyone can see it". When in all actuality, no one is looking for it, and unless they are, they probably are never going to see it. It is something you will get over after a while of carrying. You will relax and quit worrying about it. Remember, your not doing anything illegal, even though your mother doesn't feel that way. Even if someone would see it, they will probably assume your an LEO and just move on.

I have found that I now buy my pants all one size larger than I use to to allow for more room inside my pants for my pistol and holster. This was one of the smartest things I did, since it made carrying much more comfortable.

Also, buy yourself a good gun belt. A belt that will support the weight of the pistol, and still feel good is a big plus too. They aren't cheap, but they are worth the extra bucks when it comes to supporting your pistol on your hip.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I should mention that crossbreed periodically has a blemishes list with very low prices.

http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/

(Northampton County)

[QUOTE=Mtbkski;1817529]I carry a full size XD9 in a crossbreed supertuck. Rides very nice and conceals nicely.

You're definitely right about the paranoia factor and I'm steadily getting over it. Will look into the supertuck. Thanks.

(Northampton County)

I smell a trip to the Cabelas in Hamburg...there's never a bad time to go visit there, it's a magical place. But honestly, the Crossbreed is a good one, and the Galco KingTuk is also awesome. I carried a M&P .40 compact for a while, and now have a G23. Both were easily and handily concealed. Tip though: go with the plastic snaps for the belt though, as the metal clips get caught on every-bloody-thing and get bent, and then you have to figure out how to properly hammer them back down....it's a pain.

Anyway...it's winter, so go with a big hooded sweatshirt, or a jacket until summer.

(Lehigh County)

Trench coat.