Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default High Point Question... I know I know =)

Haha yes I know most of you hate and blow off Hi-Point firearms, but here is the situation...

I was talking to my buddy and he said his bro wanted to sell his 9mm pistol for $100... My ears perked up and I was like well what is it? He didn’t know.. So I bugged him for a few days to ask, and he finaly said its a 9mm Luger. I was like oh, ok but who made it? Its a 9mm Luger he said again... (Sigh) Well I saw his bro today and I said hey whats this 9mm you wana sell... He went and got it out of the truck and handed it to me...

OHH! its a Hi-Point...
    Curiosity got to me, (ME) "how much did you pay for that?"

(Him)"$150 new"

(M)" Cough-you got hosed on that deal..."

(H) " No they told me the cops carry these"

(M) "You find me a cop that carry’s that I will give you $100"

He said he wants to take it back to the gun shop to see what they will offer him. My guess is no more then $75 And that’s what I offered to buy it for is $75 and I told him that I was being generous.

Now my question is; a fairly new Hi-Point 9mm in good condition what would the gun shop offer him if anything? And is my offer of $75 a good offer? to high or to low? I would never consider getting a Hi-point I think they are ugly and look like shit, but a good offer on any gun I will probably buy it... And NO I wont ever carry a Hi-Point, it will just be a plinker or something...

So opinions?
    ΑΣΦ

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: High Point Question... I know I know =)

Brand new, $150 is about average. $75 - 100 for a used one is a fair price. I've never shot one. My boyfriend has, and he likes them. He carries a 1911 daily.

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Brand new, $150 is about average. $75 - 100 for a used one is a fair price. I've never shot one. My boyfriend has, and he likes them. He carries a 1911 daily.
    OK I am not familiar with this hand gun, but I doubt I would pay over $100 for it... So $75 is a solid offer from me? Do you think the gun shop would offer that or more? Just feeling it out I guess... I don't need it, but again the right price and I want it...
    ΑΣΦ

(Chester County)

While they are fugly guns and feel like bricks, every one I've ever shot has gone bang and been accurate. If you're low on funds and need a firearm, they're a good option to have.

$100 for a used one is not unreasonable. $75 is a bit low. Also their customer service is excellent from everything I've read on various forums.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Indiana County)

My Hi-Point is my normal carry gun (wore it tonight at our company Christmas party even). New it cost me $149. Used for $100 is a good price.

Yes, it's ugly. Yes, it's heavy. Yes, it works. And, cleaning it doesn't require disassembly.

(Lancaster County)

$75 is a fair offer. i guarantee he will not get that from a dealer. maybe $50 so they can make a profit on it.
    No longer posting

(Allegheny County)

No gun shop around here would even take it let alone offer money for it. I tried to sell my Sig SP2022 for $100 and not 1 single gun shop wanted it.

(Bedford County)

$75.00 is Highway robbery .... The police carry them !!!! should be worth at least $300

Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    No gun shop around here would even take it let alone offer money for it. I tried to sell my Sig SP2022 for $100 and not 1 single gun shop wanted it.
    No one here takes them on trade, as well. If you are on a budget, it is better than nothing. Not the most polished gun around, but the one's I have shot have all worked well, and almost feel as bad as a Glock in your hand. I know why they couldn't break the 9mm on you tube; look how big the freaking thing is. $100 for a 9mm that operates well is a good deal, IMO.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

I have shot several Hi point pistols. They work and thats all that matters. If I had to choose between a knife or a Hi point, I would take the Hi point! Your offer of 75$ is very fair. As for why the pistol was called a 9mm Luger, look up gun complaints #5 on Youtube. Enjoy it!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast