Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Obama and the Gun Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    I sure didn't mean to offend and I do appreciate those who posted factual replies. As to those who engaged in shrill name calling, I guess we'll not have an adult conversation here.

I'm no apologist for Obama and I am deeply disappointed in much that he had done and not done. I would have preferred another President these last four years, but I sure was not going to vote for McCain/Palin. Ms. Palin was not then and is not now qualified to be Vice President let alone President, in my opinion.

It is the nature of interest groups, even the NRA, to demonize those with opposing views as part of their fundraising efforts, and the NRA bigwigs are not poorly comensated! After living two years in the UK, where there are cameras watching everywhere and simply possessing a knife (any knife!) is a crime, I very much appreciate my Second Amendment rights.

This was my first post of a political nature in this forum. It may well be my last!
    If palin was not qualified to be vice president i fail to see how someone can call obama qualified to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    If palin was not qualified to be vice president i fail to see how someone can call obama qualified to be president.
    Obummer isnt qualified to lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat, let alone lead a country....
    Hold the Line...

(Monroe County)

I think it does deserve a response. My response is:

Obama is the President of the United States. That means he should be leading the fight to protect all of our rights... including the Right to Bear Arms.

Why did we not here a victory speech from Obama after the McDonald vs Chicago case? Why is Obama not publicly congratulating the NRA, SAF, GOA for their efforts to protect the Second Amendment? Why is Obama not condemning the anti-gun rights laws of NY, NJ, CA??? That would score him some points real fast.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I think it does deserve a response. My response is:

Obama is the President of the United States. That means he should be leading the fight to protect all of our rights... including the Right to Bear Arms.

Why did we not here a victory speech from Obama after the McDonald vs Chicago case? Why is Obama not publicly congratulating the NRA, SAF, GOA for their efforts to protect the Second Amendment? Why is Obama not condemning the anti-gun rights laws of NY, NJ, CA??? That would score him some points real fast.
    Why?? The fool in the white house is too busy covering up the screws ups of the atf and the justice department. By the way, he is not concerned with scoring points with people that believe that the bill of rights are individual rights and not collective rights.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    PHOENIX — When it became clear in the early fall of 2008 that Barack Obama, son of a Kansan and a Kenyan, would be the 44th President of the United States, many citizens rushed to their gun shops, stocked up on ammo and camo, and tried to fortify their nests with all manner of lethal weapons.
    Of course, three years later gun sales are still through the roof as people prepare for an inevitable economic collapse due to Obama's insane spending and increasing regulation. In that regard, you could say he's been a huge, unwitting gun advocate!

Maybe this is another example of Quinn's First Law - Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    I was born after Regan. In history class, he spent way too much money. LOL; that's where we are now.
    You sound like you think what you learned in your history class was remotely accurate. Fat chance. Democratic control of the teachers unions for the last 100 years ensured an entire generation of Americans who have never had the first clue what our way of life means or what our government has sytematically done over the last 85 years to destroy it. The steady diet of leftist propaganda that passes for public education results in an entire society feeling that the government "owes" them a menu of entitlements. THis keeps themon the plantation voting repeatedly for massive growth of government and massive unsustainable spendig culiminating in (TA DAAAA) a Marxist in the White House who is unquestionably the most destructive President in the history of the United States.

This crap started with Roosevelt. And the damage isn't even CLOSE to done.

2012 may well the most critically important election in the entire history of the country.

history can often be taught without facts. Most kids would tell you the war between the states was becasue the south thought blacks should be slaves and the north thought they should be free. While slavery was an issue there was as much, if not more racism in the north than there was in the south. The north believed in slavery as long as it was profitable. WHen it was not many of the slaves where sold down south when the process became outlawed.

Further Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, Missiouri and areas the Union controlled all kept their slaves until the 13th amendment, which if you want to be very technical was illegally passed since southerners where disenfranchised and most could not vote, many of them did not support secession and were drafted into the confederate army.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    history can often be taught without facts..
    That is precisely what I mean to say... for that matter, the Democrats crowing loudly that they are the party of the downtrodden, the underdog, the disenfranchised would have you believe the are the only hope for the freedoms of "people of color..."

In fact the Jim Crow laws, the Klan, and other embodiments of racism are direct products of the Democrat Party which dominated the South. They fought viciously for years to deny blacks the right to vote, and in the modern era they constituted the vast majority of opposition to the Voting Rights Act.

The Democrat Party has systematically kept black voters "on the plantation" by establishing welfare systems that ensure they will remain dependent on government largesse and those who promise it to them.

To quote LBJ on his "Great Society" programs... once we pass the damn law "....the (blacks -not the word he used) will vote Democrat for a thousand years."

Today's Democrats don't even know that their party is traditionally the source of the problem, not the source of the solution, because they are products of that same public 'education' system.
    Last edited by PA Traveler; December 13th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Traveler View Post
    That is precisely what I mean to say... for that matter, the Democrats crowing loudly that they are the party of the downtrodden, the underdog, the disenfranchised would have you believe the are the only hope for the freedoms of "people of color..."

In fact the Jim Crow laws, the Klan, and other embodiments of racism are direct products of the Democrat Party which dominated the South. They fought viciously for years to deny blacks the right to vote, and in the modern era they constituted the vast majority of opposition to the Voting Rights Act.

The Democrat Party has systematically kept black voters "on the plantation" by establishing welfare systems that ensure they will remain dependent on government largesse and those who promise it to them.

To quote LBJ on his "Great Society" programs... once we pass the damn law "....the (blacks -not the word he used) will vote Democrat for a thousand years."

Today's Democrats don't even know that their party is traditionally the source of the problem, not the source of the solution, because they are products of that same public 'education' system.
    Damn I wish more people would understand the new concept of how democrats purposly keep blacks and minorities down to control their votes and dependent on the government and affirmative action. They are afraid many blacks will end up like Herman Cain or Lt Col Allen West.

Check out a book called Uncle Sam's Plantation by Star Parker ( could be michelle mulican) its really good and shows how she went from a welfare queen to a decent person

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345