Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Pistol

Default Re: Classic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by PBH View Post
    heir busy because they know what they are doing. I went today and had to wait about 30 min.
    Keep in mind, too, that everyone's on vacation this week. Kids are home from school (primary and college), people are in town visiting family, folks have off work, etc. This is naturally going to be a busy time, particularly as people break in their new xmas/chanukah gifts.

(Bucks County)

We are probably going to buy a family membership at Classic Pistol very soon.

I hate to see how busy it is though...hmmm. Wonder if daytime hours like around 10:30am or 2:00pm would be quieter? Any particular days quieter than others?

They have a rifle range too, right? Want our oldest son to practice up for hunting for next year.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    I hate to see how busy it is though...hmmm. Wonder if daytime hours like around 10:30am or 2:00pm would be quieter? Any particular days quieter than others?
    Right now, it's probably going to busy pretty frequently, as it's the holidays. I imagine things will calm down a little in January, particularly during the week. Still, I'd give them a call to find out what to expect in terms of trends (ie, things spike between now and whenever, and they usually calm down by the 43rd week in January, or whatever).

They have a rifle range too, right? Want our oldest son to practice up for hunting for next year.
    They have 20 yard lanes in one of the bays for handgun use only. The other two bays are 25 yards, and can be used for either rifle or handgun.

(Bucks County)

this place is awesome so far so good i bought a 1911 here and bob helped me real down to earth ,jokster as the other guys .the prices where better then the shop closer to me cough cough mikes lol .no disrespect but they are cheaper tanners might better then them but i like the poeple and that says alot .will use them again and will buy there again .

(Philadelphia County)

Talking My Classic Experience

Last time I was there before this was in 2008, got a G19, and a nice conversation with the guy who helped me. We talked a bit, etc. got a NIB G19 with tritiums for a nice price, that was that.

Business took me to the area again, so i stopped in to window shop and pick up some cleaning supplies. The range was moving, but not hectic, and shoppers moving in and out. I saw 2 OCers, and one LE-no drama ensued as a result.
    I saw a (what I thought) used S&W 22A-1 for a decent cost for a used gun, and grabbed one of the guys to get it out to me. Turns out, the gun is NIB (which made it $45-60 cheaper than anyone in City limits) AND this guy tells me because of the scratch that is pretty imperceptible, he would knock some off. Place got busy, and the guys were crowing about PICS being hosed up today. Conversations rolled freely among workers and patrons, and the lines moved quickly enough.
    I spoke to a couple, where the lady shot a .22 for the first time and enjoyed the whole experience. Dude who helped me out was Jeremy 2-cool kid, low key, friendly enough and knew his products.
    Will definitely make the trip back from CC Philly, if just to load up on supplies.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Classic Pistol

chutestrate- As many have already said- Classic Pistol is one of the best and safest ranges on the East Coast. as for Herb- he probably knows more about Guns than any 200 Members and yes he does get very angry when he has to repair target lines because some ass wipe shot the lines down due to being a total idiot. really some of the people shooting there should be banned for life before they hurt themselves or someone else . fwiw, jack

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PD25 View Post
    chutestrate- As many have already said- Classic Pistol is one of the best and safest ranges on the East Coast. as for Herb- he probably knows more about Guns than any 200 Members and yes he does get very angry when he has to repair target lines because some ass wipe shot the lines down due to being a total idiot. really some of the people shooting there should be banned for life before they hurt themselves or someone else . fwiw, jack
    I actually have to say, besides the coupon period, I really don't encounter dangerous shooters there, they are always on top of people breaking the rules...I didn't mean to rapid fire the Mini-14....you would have too! Kidding aside I didn't mind that because they are fair with saying it to everyone.

I had a strange thing happen at CP today. A guy walks in and states he has some ammo he'd like to get rid of. Since a shop can't resell or allow the use of such ammo I asked the guy what he had. He had no idea and went out to bring it in. A full 100 rounds of 20gauge, a partial brick of .22 and some loose stuff that appeared to be .38. Also some cleaning supplies (solvent, oil, rod&brush), a hand tosser and some small targets. I ask him what he wants, he says nothing, just wants them gone. Oh Yeah! Then.......he states how he promised to have them destroyed. He hands over most of it to the guy at the counter who now has possession and as it appears by law, he can't give it to me. Luckily I had removed the 20g box while looking through the rest. So I ended up with the shells, the tosser, the targets and the cleaning rod.

I wish I had stated my promise to destroy the rest, one round at a time.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Montgomery County)

Great shop! I've only gone a few times. Each time they let me shot some full auto's I brought.

(Bucks County)

I'm also a member at Classic. I shoot there often, but never on weekends. I went there once on a weekend and won't do it again.

They also have a real good selection of rental guns there. Glocks, 1911's, a couple of wheel guns that i rented for the wife to shoot (63, 94). Buying a gun there is a bit expensive imo.

I'm also a member at Holmesburg and at Falls twp rifle and pistol. Classic is more expensive than both of the other clubs, but real convenient with the store, the gunsmithing on premesis, reloading supplies etc... Not to mention its only three miles from my house. I'll be renewing there also.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast