Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Classic Pistol

Default Re: Classic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfood View Post
    Please explain yourself, are you smarter than the framers of this amendment?
    You really need to re-read the post I actually wrote. It doesn't say anything like what you think I'm saying -- even if it's been sitting around collecting dust for about 10 months.

(Berks County)

Talking Re: Classic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    You really need to re-read the post I actually wrote. It doesn't say anything like what you think I'm saying -- even if it's been sitting around collecting dust for about 10 months.
    I don't know what you're saying, I didn't know anyone read this crap.

I don't know what you're saying, I didn't know anyone read this crap.
    You know what beauty of what I quoted above is? It calls you out as someone who really needs to actually understand what my post was about while at the same time making it clear that you probably never will.

It's a shame, too, because it might help you realize that I'm on your side here.

Please explain yourself, are you smarter than the framers of this amendment? A dumb ass can be made to take training all day, they'll still be a dumb ass. And where is the mass of casualties caused by LTCF holders? there is none, it's all your perceived fear and giving up my very real rights to insure your perceived safety is an infringement on the very real 2A in the real world.
    I've met the guy several times and always for more than a minute or two.. yeah, he might actually be smarter than the framers of this amendment.

What makes you think they were geniuses? You must be aware, the entire COTUS is basically a compromise of different, and sometimes contadicting, ideas.

As for "shall not be infringed", this has been addressed enough that most people get the concept that there are times when someone forfeits a right due to their actions, behaviors or instabilities. They are not stripped of rights, they give them up as part of the price for being stupid or dangerously crazy.

Freedom is a right...right? Do we as a society take away freedom because someone is a rapist or is freedom given up because of the action? The price of rape includes the loss of freedom and this fact is known before that person rapes. Ergo, they gave up their freedom, society merely enforced that forfeiture. And upon release, because of the fact that someone has displayed a serious lack of responsibility and self-control, they continue their loss of a right in the form of a firearm prohibition.

Anyway, the dude is pretty smart and I for one would be fine if he was at the table during COTUS negotiations. He's certainly old enough to have been.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    What makes you think they were geniuses? You must be aware, the entire COTUS is basically a compromise of different, and sometimes contadicting, ideas
    Also keep in mind that when the Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they were essentially overthrowing their existing government -- a proposition, by the way, that is perfectly aligned with the American Theory of Governance as outlined in the Declaration of Independence: "(...)That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Nonetheless, make no mistake, the FF's were committing treason against their neighbors by drafting America, Version 2. This was a tacit admission that the first form of Government, outlined in the Articles of Confederation, was a failure.

They were also astute enough to realize that no right is absolute, to the point that they expended no small amount of ink and effort expounding on what rights the citizens had, how they could be taken, and what obligations the State had to protect those rights. Not only did they implement an entire branch of Government to ensuring those rights were protected (that would be the Judiciary), they also created a few Amendments further raising the bar.

Of course, the guy we're both responding to may miss these nuances, because I'm obviously anti-gun and hate liberty because I understand how the Real World works.

(Berks County)

Also keep in mind that when the Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they were essentially overthrowing their existing government -- a proposition, by the way, that is perfectly aligned with the American Theory of Governance as outlined in the Declaration of Independence: "(...)That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Nonetheless, make no mistake, the FF's were committing treason against their neighbors by drafting America, Version 2. This was a tacit admission that the first form of Government, outlined in the Articles of Confederation, was a failure.

They were also astute enough to realize that no right is absolute, to the point that they expended no small amount of ink and effort expounding on what rights the citizens had, how they could be taken, and what obligations the State had to protect those rights. Not only did they implement an entire branch of Government to ensuring those rights were protected (that would be the Judiciary), they also created a few Amendments further raising the bar.

Of course, the guy we're both responding to may miss these nuances, because I'm obviously anti-gun and hate liberty because I understand how the Real World works.
    Well it's a good thing I live in the matrix and use my youtube TROLL screen name on this forum. I just came back to change an unfair review of Classic Pistol I was reminded of by one of their staff on my last visit. They read this and see my YouTube, subscribe and ask what range I'm shooting at. Hi, guys! thanks for watching...lol

(Berks County)

Wink Re: Classic Pistol

Perhaps I took your quote out of context and in the real world there are no absolute "rights" and without getting to existential with the whole "rights" thing, my only point is there are no legitimate reasons to infringe on the 2nd amendment.

(Berks County)

Talking Re: Classic Pistol

Well it's a good thing I live in the matrix and use my youtube TROLL screen name on this forum. I just came back to change an unfair review of Classic Pistol I was reminded of by one of their staff on my last visit. They read this and see my YouTube, subscribe and ask what range I'm shooting at. Hi, guys! thanks for watching...lol
    Actually now that I know Everyone knows who I am and anonymity is gone, why not let me know what the YouTube names are of the great folks who found my channel. Startin to add things up myself.

(Montgomery County)

Have any members been to classic late ona Friday night? Just curious if the crowds as bad to use range as it is on the weekends. Any input would be good. I've been there many times but never friday night. Thanks

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112