Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Northampton County)

Default Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

Listen guys I have one of these coming in next week under a dealer program . As soon as it arrives we will go to the range and beat the crap out of it for the next 30 days if I don't like its goes back no questions asked. . Its a double action only 9mm stainless slide poly frame comes with 2 finger rest base plates which gives you 10 round capacity or 2 flat mag bases lowers capacity to 8 I believe. Pistol has a lifetime warranty. I go to the range Easton Fish and Game every Sat and Sun to test other firearms anyways so If you are interested in trying this type of pistol or wondered do they work and if your in the local area send me a message or see me at the range. I go at 8:00 am on sat and 10:00 am on Sundays. I have seen good and bad reviews on the first gen series and I have not yet owned or shot any of their products,they have been contacting me as well as other dealers trying to get us to try there products and I have been saying no ,but now I am saying yes since I have nothing to lose but some ammo. Anyways It should arrive in 4 to 6 days so I should have it for next week's shooting sessions and I will be able to judge for myself. If you want to try one while I have it let me know you got nothing to lose but some ammo. I personally don't buy firearms that are not mainstream unless I can shoot them first. On a side note I have gotten a couple of mainstream lemons over the years so having this to toy with for 30 days is a plus in my book.
    Last edited by Brian Ahearn; November 29th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

I own the CPX-1 and overalll, a pretty decent pistol for the price ! The only problem with the 1 is the safety - poor design and hits our thumb every time. I had to dremel down the safety so it doesn't hit your thumb. I have heard the same complaint from many ! I see the 2 doesn't have a safety - so problem solved I guess ! My first generation has never jammed, failed, etc. and has been fairly accurate. Good luck with the one you get, look forward to hearing report.

(Monroe County)

I had one of the guys at Dunkelburger's pushing one on me like he owned stock in the company. It looks a lot like my P-11. Brian, I've seen what you can do to a CZ so I don't have much hope for that gun!

(Northampton County)

This is a second generation model without the safety, I had read about the safety issue previously in an online review. The pistol is very light weight, I like then 10 round mag capacity and the finger groove mag extension, but none of that matters if it does not function properly with carry ammo. I also like the fact that I can test it out for thirty days . It is american made that's a plus.I would like to get some others to try it out as well ,help me review it and we will give the company feedback as well as report back here to the forum. So bring some of your favorite carry ammo stop. let know when your available this month and will put this pistol thru a beating. At the end of the 30 trial period then I will have to make a decision on keeping it or sending it back and that will be based on the pistols performance. If it functions well it may be a nice back-up carry piece for me . Brian / EFR

(Monroe County)

Count me in on the beat-down!

(Northampton County)

Thats just what I want to hear. Thanks

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spblademaker View Post
    It looks a lot like my P-11.
    I believe a few ex-Keltec employees started up that company, and copied the gun. There have been a few posts at KTOG about it and most wont touch it. Here is a link to it,
    http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthr...highlight=sccy
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Northampton County)

Hey I am not here to defend the company and I don't care who stole what designs from whom. A majority of designs are based or pirated from other companies. Just look at how many pistols out there are similar to glocks or John Browning designs . This company is based in Florida so maybe it's just down the block from Kel Tec again I don't care. If they stole their design from keltec then thats between them and Kel Tec lawyers. I am just simply testing this for 30 days and it will either perform well or suck that's it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Hey I am not here to defend the company and I don't care who stole what designs from whom. A majority of designs are based or pirated from other companies. Just look at how many pistols out there are similar to glocks or John Browning designs . This company is based in Florida so maybe it's just down the block from Kel Tec again I don't care. If they stole their design from keltec then thats between them and Kel Tec lawyers. I am just simply testing this for 30 days and it will either perform well or suck that's it.
    I'm with Brian. Who cares what the design history is. I just love the fact that I can help put a factory gun through a torture test. Although, being the owner of a Kel-Tec P-11, I will be able to compare any similarities or differences between the two.

Brian, let me know when it arrives and I'll meet you at the range.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I dont care either. Just wanted to throw info out there. maybe they improved on the design, but the first ones, from what I read, werent that good and had issues! Looking at the sccy forum, seems it has an issue similar to what the P11 had!
    Goog luck on the test. Be sure to let us know how it went!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast