Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

Wow those pictures of the brass are pretty bad.

Hope the new barrel works better for you!

(Monroe County)

I'll make sure to wear an EOD suit when I shoot it again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Northampton County)

Well I really had no failures of the pistol ,even with the loose chamber accuracy was very good. No how the brass looked was another story. The fit on the new barrel is fine, so now I simply need to go out and test this some more before I pass final judgement or even consider stocking one of these for resale. On the positive side has that lifetime warranty and there initial response and speedy replacement of the defective barrel surprised me. They did not even demand that I return it so that they could investigate the issue before sending me a replacement. If the new barrel survives 500 rounds trouble free I could see myself carrying this on a daily basis. It is light as a feather under 16 ounces, 10 round mag capacity ,9mm,nice double action trigger which I will use my trigger gauge on it Thursday and see where it comes in at ,but in our initial testing I liked this trigger way better than the kel tec 9mm. I carried it for 2 days and did not know was wearing it. I will keep one of these, it will make a nice shop gun for me if it proves reliable. I have much nicer carry guns that I use outside of my business.,but I really don't like banging my $1450 Cz 75 custom carry protek 9mm around my shop so right now I normally carry a Cz 82 or a p64 polish 9x18 pistol at work. I could see adding a second shop gun especially this one because of the weight savings and size. i really would not mine leaving one or the other pistol in my desk as a backup gun. Never know when you might need a spare or more rounds, just had 2 more shootings in the 10 block area in the last 2 weeks ,this town is getting as bad as Allentown and Reading Pa .
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Just finished the first range session On the replacement barrel that SCCY sent me. The good news no bulged cases. Accuracy was good and chrono averaged 1000 fps. Shoot steel plate 12x 12 aprox size somewhat and was able to hit it with Fiocchi 115 jhp's at 25 yards, but could not hit it with s& B 115 fmj don"t no why had to be me . Pistol has about 500 total rounds on it now 100 on the new barrel did not have any problems with Hp ammo. The only issue this morning was the temp about 25 degrees when I arrived at 9:00 am. I will shoot it again Sat and Sunday and try to get the round count over 800. My main concern before I start carrying this or selling one to a customer is I don't want to see any more bulged cases- so far so good and at this point the jury still out on this one. On the positive note a couple of the fiocchis didnot fire but shot on the first strike but since this is double action only all rounds fired on second strike no problem - a nice feature for a combat situation, no rack and clear needed.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Well it seems like you guys really tested out this little pistol pretty well. I bought a cpx 1 second gen and have about 600 rounds through it with no problems. I've used 115g 147g hallo points as well as 115 hallo points. Nice little snappy pistol. It is my everyday ccw and I keep it in my night stand when I go to bed. Even my wife can fire it pretty well. I think its a pretty good ccw for the money. No complaints here. I think a lot of you guys are little cry babies. Its a usa made product, have a little patients. Weres your loyalty. Besides the fact if you don't like it well it comes with a life time warranty. So stop complaining about them and get a counselor and tell them what your really upset about. It is under 300 dollars. Not much to loose to try somethin in the usa. Weres ur patriotism! At least they are willing to fix there mistakes no questions asked. How well do you guys fix your mistakes? Why don't u ask ur wives for there opinion! Lolol

they are OK little guns I had a gen1 shot a ton (2000+) cracked the frame so I sent it back ($50 postage) the replacement had a bad barrel like discussed above. So I sold it to a friend after I told him the problem and he is sending it back. I recently got another gen1 and the take down pin holes are egged out and it jams, once I get the time this one is going back too. Just fyi the gen1 and gen2 mags arent interchangeable without some mods to the floor plate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456