Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

It still blows my mind that a manufacturer, who knew you were going to scrutinize their product, would not inspect the gun better. No excuse either way, but what the hell. At the lease check it for the common problems they know about before shipping it.

(Northampton County)

I have to agree you would think that all barrels would receive a quality assurance check of some type at least I would hope so. I will put some various types of 9 mm in the new barrel and check fit before I even install it in the pistol for testing at the range.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Testing and quality control checks increase production costs. Increased production costs mean increased MSRP.

There are a lot of companies that do a lot more R&D than a small, newer economy minded pistol company is going to do. Quality control checks, stringent standards (meaning a higher parts rejection rate) test firing, things like this will drive the price up on any product. So does paying skilled and committed workers the kinds of wages it takes to retain skilled and committed workers.

I'm not making excuses for the company, but if you expect good quality control, buy a weapon from a top name brand. If you want excellent quality control, buy one that is seriously intended for police or military duty.

H&K, Glock, S&W, a German built Sig, etc.

The saying is still true to this day, "You get what you pay for."

As long as the replacement barrel is to spec, and the gun works, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you got your money's worth. It says a lot that the company is standing by their product and replacing it for free.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 20th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Testing and quality control checks increase production costs. Increased production costs mean increased MSRP.

There are a lot of companies that do a lot more R&D than a small, newer economy minded pistol company is going to do. Quality control checks, stringent standards (meaning a higher parts rejection rate) test firing, things like this will drive the price up on any product. So does paying skilled and committed workers the kinds of wages it takes to retain skilled and committed workers.

I'm not making excuses for the company, but if you expect good quality control, buy a weapon from a top name brand. If you want excellent quality control, buy one that is seriously intended for police or military duty.

H&K, Glock, S&W, a German built Sig, etc.

The saying is still true to this day, "You get what you pay for."

As long as the replacement barrel is to spec, and the gun works, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you got your money's worth. It says a lot that the company is standing by their product and replacing it for free.
    I have high dollar guns and low dollar guns and a bunch in between. Feed issues, accuracy, ejection issues are some of the things I've had to be concerned about when testing out a new gun. I have never had to worry about having cases rupture in my face every time I fired my gun. I think it goes beyond being a quality control issue and into the realm of just not knowing what they are doing.

Perhaps. Having grossly out of spec chambers is a glaring QC deficiency. Again...you get what you pay for.

(Northampton County)

Hey I agree with both you yeah ya get what you pay for and yeah in should not have left the factory that way. One thing I will say this is the first gun company that offered a test run and quite frankly I probably would not have agreed to take one with out that, I was not at all familiar with this relatively new gun company.Now on the plus side when I called and left a message indicating that I had problems they contacted me back a agreed to take care of it questions asked. This pistol does come with a lifetime guarantee. Overall the fit and finish excluding the barrel issue is very good, also the accuracy was very good and the trigger pull will beat the Kel -tec hands down. i diid not expect to see nice groups but we did. I think that I wiil shoot and carry this one for the next six months and at the end of that test period I will be to make a yes or no recommendation to my customers. As for the pistols mentioned by Valarious Glocks Sigs -american made and S&W have all had plenty of recalls and they stood by there customers to resolve the issues,so far thats what this company is trying to do. I will not make a decision on this company yet, but if the replace barrel ends up with the same problem well thats another story. we will put all the pics up sometime tomorrow. Brian /EFR

(Northampton County)

Here,s the pics - Brian / EFR

(Monroe County)

Nice picture. The brass looks a lot worse in person. Save me one if you can. I want to mic it.
    Last edited by spblademaker; December 27th, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

(Northampton County)

No problem I kept all the brass I wnat to compare this brass to the brass that we will fire out of the replacement barrel. Brian

(Northampton County)

The replacement barrel arrived , the chamber is way tighter than the first barrel. cartridges are wobbly in the chamber on that one . Cartridge fit on the replacement is nice ,on Thursday morning Spblademaker and I will put some rounds thru the replacement barrel -at least a 100 rounds and compare the brass to the bulged cases. So far we have not actually had a malfunction with this pistol so we will see how it goes with the replacement barrel. Brian / EF

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast