Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

I agree about the trigger being lighter on the Sccy compared to the Kel-Tec P-11. The only negative I thought was even though it looks dimensionally similar to the P-11, it won't fit into my custom-made P-11 kydex holster. I did like the large slide-lock lever even though my thumb hit it during shooting, causing the slide to not lock after the last round was fired. That also may have caused the holster fit issue.

(Northampton County)

Hey Spblademaker while we were at the range guess what the post office tried to deliver - the fusion 1911 kit in 357 sig arrived and I missed it, I cuold be building it this weekend. I have to wait til Monday morning after 8:30 I can pick it up at the post office and since Monday this week is a firearms workday I will build the raw steel pistol and get ready to shoot,then later in the week I will cerakote it , should be ready to play with on Saturday, can't wait to shoot this one . I agree totally with you on the SCCY pistol so far the only thing for me that I will have to adjust to is that long reset on the da trigger. It would be a pretty much perfect pistol with a shorter reset but for the money you can't complain to much the Retail price is $329.00. I will get another 100 rds or so thru it tomorrow, Brian/EFR May have to keep this one at the end of the 30 day trial if I don't resell it,so far I like it.
    Last edited by Brian Ahearn; December 10th, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Monroe County)

Short day of shooting!!

(Northampton County)

Yes it was , sadly the Sccy pistol we have been testing has an issue that concerns both Spblademaker and me, the fired empty brass cases are showing a bulge from the midway point back to the rear of the case most likely indicating that the chamber on the barrel is not sized right. I will post pics on Monday of the pistol and cases as well as the other pics we have taken so far. Over all I really like this pistol and the trigger, but the case bulging raises some serious safety concernsl. I will contact the manufacturer Monday and ask for an explanation as well as sending the pistol back to them with some of the fired cases. The pistol handles easily and the trigger is nice,but I don't want to go boom shooting it. I will give them the chance to rectify the situation before passing final judgement on this design. Brian / EFR

(Monroe County)

They are going to say to put a stronger recoil spring in it. We could have tried my P-11 spring in it, but I didn't think about that this morning.

(Northampton County)

I just read the enitre SCCY manual and the only thing that I found in there about ammo was a statement about not using +p ammo. I don't believe that any of the ammo we used was excessive in pressures,nothing chrono over 1000 fps.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I just read the enitre SCCY manual and the only thing that I found in there about ammo was a statement about not using +p ammo. I don't believe that any of the ammo we used was excessive in pressures,nothing chrono over 1000 fps.
    Could you imaging what +P brass would look like out of that gun? I'm surprised none of those cases ruptured.

(Northampton County)

I spoke with Sccy this morning about my concerns about the barrel and bulging cases, They informed me that they did have some bad barrels and were replacing them at no cost to the customer. I will post all the pics this week including the empties with the bulges. These pistols come with a lifetime warranty so they shipped a barrel today no questions asked, so as soon as its gets here we can do some more testing with this firearm. Today it was hassle free dealing with them ,I gave them my concerns and they addressed them immediately. Brian / EFR

(Monroe County)

What did they say was the issue with the "bad barrels"? If you don't see anything odd with the chamber then I am going to say it is timed incorrectly. We were getting 100fps lower speeds on the bullets out of that gun consistently, as compared to the Kel-Tec (same barrel length). Either the recoil spring or the recoil spring and hammer spring need replacing. What do you think? Did you get a chance to inspect the chamber?

(Northampton County)

I discussed the recoil spring with them as well the only problem that they claimed to have with the pistol is barrels with improper chambers . The new barrel is on the way, should be able to put some rounds thru it over the holidays. Brian

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast