Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Sccy CPX-2 second generation 9mm

No markings of any type on the mags except for Sccy on the base plates. I will look into who makes the mags . Spblademaker is bringing his kel-tec 9mm pistol so we can do a comparison between the 2 pistols. Now all I have to due is pick up some 9mm hollow points, couple of brands to see if it digests everything we put in it on Saturday.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I had a cxp-1 generation 1 for about 6 years and after almost 1500 rounds of ammo thru it the slide cracked. I sent it back and in two weeks had a brand new generation 2 pistol. Decent people to work with, no complaints from me.
    Hmmm, wonder if I send my cpx-1 back asking if they can fix the safety at all if they would send me a cpx-2 as replacement Doubt it, but maybe worth a try - lol

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    No markings of any type on the mags except for Sccy on the base plates. I will look into who makes the mags . Spblademaker is bringing his kel-tec 9mm pistol so we can do a comparison between the 2 pistols. Now all I have to due is pick up some 9mm hollow points, couple of brands to see if it digests everything we put in it on Saturday.
    I'll bring 115gr hollow-points, and something to shoot thru the S&W. I can't wait to see it!!!!!

Were you able to determine whether the mags are proprietary?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they are proprietary, but the mags from a generation 1 wont fit without either changing the baseplates or cutting a small notch in them. The front of the generation2 grip has a small bump on the front while the gen 1 does not. I have an old Beretta 92 32 round mag I modified to make fit just for range use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    There are several manufacturers that have pistol that look just like Keltecs.
    I stole this list from a google search from gun&game.
    Cobra Patriot 9mm copy of P-11
    Ruger LCP copies 3AT
    Ruger LC9 copies PF-9 with an un-needed safety
    Sccy/Skyy copies P-11 with an un-needed safety
    Taurus 738 copies 3AT
    Taurus 709 copies PF-9 with un-needed safety
    Microtech copied the 3AT in 9X19
    I.O. Inc. copies the 3AT
    Sounds like you don't like safeties, but keep in mind that it's only "un-needed" in your opinion.

Others are quite fond of manual safety guns, and enjoy having that feature. So to those people, as long as the safety was well executed, it's presence could very well be a desirable feature.

I have an LCP, and while it is a near clone of the KT P3AT, it is also a much more refined pistol.

(Northampton County)

If you are considering this pistol for carry just get the gen 2 without the safety. The safety is not needed and the double action only trigger is long ,accidental discharge should not happen when pulling from your holster as long as you keep your finger off the trigger and don't catch it on anything. Again anything made by man can fail ,training and familiarizing your self with the firearm is required. Like I said it comes with a decent manual. Yesterdays session was used to get familiar with the operation and trigger pull ,tomorrow we run hollow points and ball ammo and just check overall function. On Sunday we just try to push the rd count up and by next weekend I should know if this pistol is something that I would feel safe to carry on a regular basis. It is lite 16 ounces did not even know I was carrying it all day. Function flawless yesterday but that was S&B 115 grain ball ,its got to be able to shoot hollow points will see tomorrow.

(Monroe County)

Can we run it over with the van? Just asking!

(Northampton County)

Running over it with the van would be a great test, but would void my ability to return this firearm after 30 days if I don't like it. It has to be a problem related to improper manufacturing or we are just not happy with it. Running it over with the van might just cause that no being happy with it

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Running over it with the van would be a great test, but would void my ability to return this firearm after 30 days if I don't like it. It has to be a problem related to improper manufacturing or we are just not happy with it. Running it over with the van might just cause that no being happy with it
    Can you tell them that you're not happy with it BECAUSE you can't run it over with the van? My coffee has kicked it!!!!

(Northampton County)

Well we did not run over the pistol with the van but we did manage to chrono it and get past the 200 rd mark . The pistol is really very similar to the kel tec 9 looked almost identical in size. Shot it toady with S& B steel case brass plated ammo and S&B standard brass 115 GR FMJ ,also used swiss 124 GR FMj and Steve's personal hollow point reloads which gave the best overall group shot By Steve/ as you guys know him Spblademaker. Function was excellent overall with one stovepipe today ,pistol still has not been cleaned. The only problem we had was a pin at the rear of the slide in the grip area started to come out,we smacked back in with the the mag and kept shooting. I will shoot this pistol again tomorrow with some others at EFG. In head to head comparison with the Kel-Tec I liked the trigger on the SCCY way better. Steve who gets a lot of revolver practice shot the best group with this pistol verses his own Kel-tec. I thought the accuracy was pretty good for me , but his group definately showed his skills with a double action setup. I will try to get the photos up in the next couple of days. Brian / EFR So far it's all good with this pistol no real negatives to report!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast