Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gun stock duplicator

Does anyone know of a gunstock duplicator in the tri-state area?

Im looking to get a broken, hard to replace, shotgun stock duplicated. Trying to find a replacement is next to impossible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Default Re: Gun stock duplicator

I one time owned a Craftsman RotoCrafter (?) Router-Crafter, and duplicated b-b-gun stocks. You might find one at a rummage/garage-sale store now the season has moved them indoors.
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

(Berks County)

Bijou Creek

Macon Gun Stocks

Note that these are NOT in the tri-state area.

Whether you decide to have your hard-to-replace gunstock actually swapped out would depend on how old the thing is and how much value it retains.

I wouldn't even bother for something not antique or CCL from a good, reputable manufacturer. Even then you might be better off just repairing the original wood, assuming that's possible at all.

Out of curiosity, what gun is it we're talking about here? You might be able to locate a cheap replacement on Gunbroker or e-Bay, or Numrich maybe.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Bucks County)

Thanks everyone for your input, it is very much appreciated.

I've been restoring a Stevens 520A. I had John Robinson over at Classic Pistol recently parkerize the finish and it looks awesome. The finish choice isnt typical but because of some heavy pitting, the choice seemed logical. This old Stevens had a Weaver choke on it, typical of the period, and I had the old blue removed so the silver/aluminum color of the Weaver choke makes for a nice combination with the gray of the parkerizing.

Any way, trying to find a 520A, 12 gauge stock is like trying to find a four leaf clover. I've seached all over the net looking for a replacement. Boyd's gun stocks indicated they will some in the next two weeks.

So, I need a new stock. Part of the upper tang of the stock is missing. I dont know if the stock needs to be in tact for the duplicator to work. Either way, thats where I am. I guess thats why they call it a project.....

Quote Originally Posted by LongOneShortOne View Post
    I one time owned a Craftsman RotoCrafter (?) Router-Crafter, and duplicated b-b-gun stocks. You might find one at a rummage/garage-sale store now the season has moved them indoors.
    How did you set it up to duplicate patterns? All the examples I've seen were for round (cylindrical/spiral) work.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html