Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default latest on fnp 45 usg

I'm considering purchasing a FNP 45 USG for competition and home home defense and have read some older posts regarding some feeding problems.Was wondering if recently produced guns still have issues and if anyone has experience with running 200 grain SWC thru these guns.Thanks in advance.

Default Re: latest on fnp 45 usg

I own an FNP-45 Tactical. I've fed it everything, including SWC, and it's been flawless. Not a single jam, FTF, FTE, or any other problem. The trigger is also one of the best non-1911 triggers I've ever felt.

Unfortunately, I'll have to be selling her soon to help pay for an unexpected surgery my dog needs, and it makes me really sad, because she's perfect.
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Chester County)

Sorry to hear about your pup,hope it works out.Will you be listing the gun here?

Sorry to hear about your dog, DPM. I know how you feel. We have two labs & a rottweiler, & they're just like family.

I looked at & handled the FNP Tactical at Atlantic Tactical a month or so ago & fell in love with it. The only thing that keeps me from liberating it from their gun case is that I don't need another full size, difficult to conceal, .45; (I keep telling myself.)
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Yup yup, I'll be listing it on here within the next few weeks once we find out how much the surgery costs. I'm thinking $950 is a fair price ($150 off what I paid new), especially considering she's only had 200 rounds through her. Want me to message you once she's on the block?

And thanks guys. My dog will pull through. He's a champ and a half.
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; December 9th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

Quote Originally Posted by sprint51 View Post
    I'm considering purchasing a FNP 45 USG for competition and home home defense and have read some older posts regarding some feeding problems.Was wondering if recently produced guns still have issues and if anyone has experience with running 200 grain SWC thru these guns.Thanks in advance.
    I've had problems with 200gr SWC with my FNP 45. It will feed everything else fine, but it's intermittent with SWC. I stick with FMJ or JHPs. The gun was designed for the military. It will shoot 230gr ball until the cows come home.

Some folks have had problems with Winchester White Box ammo. Some attribute it to the magazines, while others think it's the overall length of the cartridge. I've never shot any WWB through mine, so I don't know.

(Chester County)

thanks for the reply Ronin,looks like i may need to woek up a different handload for competiton using round nose.I've just found the SWC design to be the most accurate bullet profile there is.

(Lancaster County)

FYI there was a guy selling one in the classifieds here. I think he wanted 525 and said it ran flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    The trigger is also one of the best non-1911 triggers I've ever felt.
    (
    I thought my USP Elite trigger was good, but the trigger on the FN is as you say. Personally, I believe it has the best production trigger on the market, today. It really needs nothing, unless it was to lighten it up just a bit for long range stuff, but still, as it is, probably the best out there.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.