Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default ATI 1911 .45acp commander size

Hi I was wondering if anyone has one of these. I was curious of which type of hollow points you use as many seem to not feed great. I would rather not polish the feed ramp as I am nto very handy, but I am debating having that done as well as changing the mil spec sights if it wont cost a fortune.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ATI 1911 .45acp commander size

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone has one of these. I was curious of which type of hollow points you use as many seem to not feed great. I would rather not polish the feed ramp as I am nto very handy, but I am debating having that done as well as changing the mil spec sights if it wont cost a fortune.
    I've got a few 1911s, and an ATI Titan (compact) among them. Regardless of the 1911, I like feeding them all Corbon Pow 'R Ball. They're designed specifically to minimize feed issues.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Default Re: ATI 1911 .45acp commander size

My S &W eats anything I feed it. My RIA came with a 8 round mag. As long as I put 7 rounds in the mag it eats anything I feed it. The 8th round causes to much spring pressure and it screws up the closing of the slide. If there is a problem try it with 1 less in the mag.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.