Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Comp-Tac Follow-up

As promised in another thread, this is a follow-up. Short synopsis, after recommendation I purchased on-line the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC Holster. Upon registration I received two emails, one saying I was registered the second confirming my order. A few minutes later I got two more emails with the title of receipt. After that I received an email for every step of the way, first informing me my order was placed into production, then one saying total production and processing is about a week. Monday this week I got the email it was sent to shipping, then one saying it was shipped. So A+ on customer communications.

Since getting the email that it was shipped I've been as excited as a kid at Christmas. Well the box arrived Priority mail today (that was my shipping choice). opening the box, a copy of my order wrapped a lg zip top baggie. on the invoice was a hand written "thanks from what looks to be Dana (could be Dona). In the zip top was the holster of course, but tucked in the holster was documentation on the clips (I ordered standard clips), a business card with an allen wrench, a card confirming gun type, length, belt size, and holster model, and two packages of "Smarties" candies (MMMMM SUGAR). OK, shipping and packaging A (priority mail was 2 -3 days if shipped on Monday, 2 -3 is Thursday at latest if put in the mail Monday night pick up Tuesday gives me today. Minor detail I know, so that's what lost the +)

Out of the box, the pistol slips nice into the holder, easy in easy out. Putting it on the belt, it's as comfortable as a flat pancake while it's empty, no difference once the pistol's loaded. I'm sitting in a t-shirt right now, and tucked, in the bathroom mirror, the clips blend nice with the belt, I had to adjust the pager I wear on th at side, but no significant visual signs. I have to go to the airport in NYC tomorrow, so I'll not be able to pack, but I'll post an update Monday and let you all know how the comfort and daily wear is.

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Comp-Tac Follow-up

Thanks you for your write up. I have the same holster for me XD40 4" and I love it. I had the same great experiences that you had with communication, shipping, etc. And the holster is excellent. I can wear it all day long and it doesn't bother me one bit. It did take a couple days to find where it was comfortable with the clips. But once set, its perfect.

And FWIW, I originally ordered the J clips. I didn't like these because the belt would often slide of the them. So I ordered the standard clips and the C clips. I found that I like the C clips the best and don't bother with the rest of them.

Just received my C-TAC last week from them...same great experience! Very happy with their product and service.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Allegheny County)

I have the same holster for my USP .45 compact. I ordered one for my GLock 26, but the holster turned the lasermax on. I contacted them, they offered to pay for shipping both ways, and replace the polymer holster with the HK holster. They are an EXCELLENT company to deal with!

(Bedford County)

Thats great to hear. I have not ordered from them but they move up high on my list after reading your comments. I have Crossbreed and soon a Tucker but have not been updated as you have from Comp-Tac. My next holster just might be a Comp-Tac.
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Montgomery County)

I got one of their paddle holsters. I noticed after the first few times inserting and removing my Glock there was a shiny area on either side of the trigger guard where the pips on the inside of the holster "grab" it. I was concerned that this wear would continue to progress and might do so real damage. I e-mailed Comp Tac and they say it won't go any further than leaving that shiny area. Anyone else noticed this wear?

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    I got one of their paddle holsters. I noticed after the first few times inserting and removing my Glock there was a shiny area on either side of the trigger guard where the pips on the inside of the holster "grab" it. I was concerned that this wear would continue to progress and might do so real damage. I e-mailed Comp Tac and they say it won't go any further than leaving that shiny area. Anyone else noticed this wear?
    meah, such is the life of a working gun...dings, scratches, and wear are all part of it...as long as they don't cause serious damage, its part of the firearm's character
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Lancaster County)

I have a C-TAC for my Kimber and I love it.

(Lebanon County)

OK, the additional information I promised. Now normally I don't carry around the house, but to assess the new holster I carried all day Sunday and Monday. Executive summary: MAN AM I IMPRESSED. This thing is totally comfortable it does not slip or shift.I was wearing some (FYI a little detained info follows) underarmors, which are almost silk like smooth, and that hand no impact on the holster. it retained position when using the can.

I can only say I wish I found this holster several years ago. I can still feel the weight of the firearm, but the holster itself is totally comfortable. While it's tuckable, I found that by folding the shirt up, and blousing the rest of the shirt, it's faster to access, but still looks like a tucked shirt, and that also helps to hide the clips. Definitely a big two thumbs up for the product and the company.

(Berks County)

Do you think the MTAC would be comfortable for a Taurus 24/7 PRO .45 ACP for someone with a little bit of a gut? (5'10", 240lbs)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast