Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New to PA

Hybrid View

(Monroe County)

Default New to PA

Hey guys,
    I just bought a house in Long Pond, I should be moving there after winter form NY, which I cant wait, I hate liberal commie sinkhole. I'm a long time gun owner and have lots of rifles and handguns, I just have a few questions about the laws. Of course I'll do my own research, I was just hoping I could get a quick rundown.

1) As far as handguns go, is there any mag cap limit, Ny is 10rds?

2) Whats the process to register my handguns in PA? Do I have to ship them from My FFL here to and FFL there?

3) CCW license, I currently have a PA non resident carry license issued from Centre County, would I have to hand that in?

4) Are there any good gun stores near Long Pond? How about gun clubs?

5) Anything I should know about long guns? i.e. the AR platform, any restrictions on bbl length, mag cap or flash hider?

Sorry for so many questions, I just want everything to be legit.

thanks, Joe

(Northampton County)

Default Re: New to PA

Welcome to PA. I try a few answers for you.

No limit on magazine size.

No gun registration. When I moved here 10 yrs ago from NJ I called local police ploice and he said no reg. enjoy your guns.

Being that your LTCF is from a different county you would probably start fresh with the sheriffs office in Monroe County.

American Sport Shooting in Brodheadsville should not be too far from you, I stopped in there for the first time this week, it seemed well stocked, you can search on the forum for more comments about them on the forum.

I don't do long arms so somebody else will have to answer those questions.

Again Welcome and be safe.

(Monroe County)

thanks jerry, I appreciate it

(Pike County)

Welcome to Pa!

(Butler County)

I believe your LTCF is good for the full 5 years. Sure if that's wrong someone will be along to say so. I'd just send the issuing sheriff a change of address card. He'll have your current address in case he needs to get in touch or to send your renewal notice. Renew at your new location when due for renewal. I did this when I moved to a new county.

Welcome to PAFOA and PA in the near future.

(York County)

The only correction I would make is with regard to your PA LTCF. The one you have is fine until it expires. There is actually no difference between the non-res license and a resident license. You can contact the Center County sheriff and advise them of your change of address, they will send you a reminder card when it is time to renew, but there is no requirement for this in the law.

Welcome to Pa and PAFOA.

Edit: DonM55 beat me to it.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Monroe County)

welcome to America, No restricions, just keep your nose clean and dont get into trouble with the law and you will havew no problems.

I moved here fropm New York Six years ago ans have not one regret.

No rtestricions on the Ar except the usual federal ones.

The closest Ranges/clubs to you would probably be the Pocono pistol club in Stroudsburg and Sunset Hill gun range in Henryville near where i live.Do a web search on both of them both of them have websites.

Personally i shoot at the Public range at state gameland 127 in Tobyhanna.

Next time you are in Walmart stop ast the sporting goods dept. and buy a hunting license , it allows you to use ther state ranges for a year.