Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Hunting will not be the same this year with-out my favorite hunting partner.

My favorite hunting partner is my wife. We have not missed a deer season together since we have been married.( 23 years) She will not be able the hunt this year due to her Peripheral neuropathy getting bad.

I am looking forward to the rifle deer seaon but not as much as in the past. The last 23 years I have enjoyed watching my wife get excited when deer season was getting close. I have been just as excited as she was when she got a deer. We have taken 38 deer together.

This year I am looking forward to the days off more than hunting. I know I will get more excited on Monday but now I just do not feel the same.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hunting will not be the same this year with-out my favorite hunting partner.

Very sorry to hear about this. May take video or what about a ground blind?

How about a hunting diary?

I know it is not the same. I wish u the best.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Hunting will not be the same this year with-out my favorite hunting partner.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Very sorry to hear about this. May take video or what about a ground blind?

How about a hunting diary?

I know it is not the same. I wish u the best.
    She is making me call her using my track phone. I am on top of mountain with cell reception. She is going to be at the bottom of mountain at my dad's house. She wants updates every couple hours. I know it is going to be harder on her then on me to not be hunting.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Lycoming County)

I know nothing about your wife's eye condition.

But is it possible she could be with you but not hunting?

Is this a condition that just effects her peripheral vision of does it effect other areas like straight forward vision or even her balance?

My wife and I have only been married for 7 years but we do absolutely everything together.

One day after work I went to the gun shop quickly because I wanted to check out a certain rifle and I got in trouble for not taking her along (won't happen again!)

So I understand your love for your wife and I really, really respect you for that!

Please, keep us updated how hunting season works out for you two.

My prayers are going out for Mrs. B2Luv2Hunt!!

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Packin Preacher View Post
    I know nothing about your wife's eye condition.

But is it possible she could be with you but not hunting?

Is this a condition that just effects her peripheral vision of does it effect other areas like straight forward vision or even her balance?

My wife and I have only been married for 7 years but we do absolutely everything together.

One day after work I went to the gun shop quickly because I wanted to check out a certain rifle and I got in trouble for not taking her along (won't happen again!)

So I understand your love for your wife and I really, really respect you for that!

Please, keep us updated how hunting season works out for you two.

My prayers are going out for Mrs. B2Luv2Hunt!!

God bless!!

PPP
    My wife's peripheral neuropathy has to do with the nerve endings in her feet. She had lost the feeling in her feet. When the nerve ending die they go out in a blaze of glory. Much pain involved. The cold does not help.

She has a Neurostimulator implant that helps. We are hoping with the help of the right combo of drugs that she will be able to hunt again in the future.

Thank you for your well wishes. She still has her LTCF and carries her M&Pc 9mm almost all of the time. We still get to target practice and practice the training we have received.

(Beaver County)

I hope she is not in too much pain from her affliction.Good luck on Monday,and hope she gets to feeling better,so she may rejoin you on your hunting trips.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lawrence County)

I'm sure you have thought of everything since you know your wife's condition better than anyone but maybe you could find a spot that you could get to on a four wheeler then set up a ground blind and put one of those black cat heaters that runs on a small propane bottle in there to keep it warm. The last I saw they were calling for highs in the 50's Monday.

I never use the heaters because I am always worried about the smell but I wouldn't hesitate if I had to especially if I could find a good spot where I figured most of the deer would come out upwind of me. I wish you and your wife the best.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    My wife's peripheral neuropathy has to do with the nerve endings in her feet. She had lost the feeling in her feet. When the nerve ending die they go out in a blaze of glory. Much pain involved. The cold does not help.

She has a Neurostimulator implant that helps. We are hoping with the help of the right combo of drugs that she will be able to hunt again in the future.

Thank you for your well wishes. She still has her LTCF and carries her M&Pc 9mm almost all of the time. We still get to target practice and practice the training we have received.
    Thank you so much for explaining her condition.

My wife and I were discussing what that might be to try to understand what she is battling and we were way off.

My apologies for the incorrect assumption.

I know the pain of walking with bad feet.

Though not to the extent it sounds she has.

I do honestly hope her condition gets better or that here is a way for her to get out on the mountain with you.

The only thing I can see left is to get one of those mobile seats that I see Cleopatra carried around on in the movies.

Nice big comfy seat on two poles and she gets whisked away to the top of the mountain with her deer rifle (might need to get four PAFOA members to man the corners!)

She would be there waiting for you to climb the mountain (I have never seen one of those Cleo-carriers in a two seater!)

Again, my prayers for a recovery to her and the Lord's blessing and attention to her!!

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

Years ago a good friend of mine was struck with medical problems that made hime feel very cold even when it was 60 degrees outside.

He loved to hunt and hadn't missed first day of deer season in 30 years.

What we were able to do was to get him a handicap license so he could hunt from a vehicle! I then cleared a narrow lane on my property and with his wifes permission we used his 4 wheel drive chevy suburban and drove him back into the woods!

We set him up in the back of the truck all wrapped in a blanket and handed him his rifle! I will never forget the smile on his face that day!

He is with the good lord now but my experience should give you proof that where there is a will there is a way!

I have no doubt that you and your wife will hunt again together! Take comfort in that and get out there monday and bag one for her!

(Beaver County)

Just curious how did your season go? Also how is your wife doing,I hope better.Merry Christmas.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast