Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default J&G Sales Black Friday

Son of a b*tch!!

I just ordered a Walther P1 with 2 mags and holster, a Yugo SKS 59/66, and 500 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo.

Walther P1 is $279.99 with 2 mags and holster (249.99 with just 1 mag, no holster)
    SKS is $199.99 (with an attached bayonet, grenade launcher, rubber buttpad, and flip up grenade sight.)

Also for sale: Steyr 95 Stutzen Carbine 8x56 Rifle...$99.95
    Some mags and accessroies for other stuff.

This lasts until Monday or they sell out.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: J&G Sales Black Friday

I just ordered a P-1 too. I opted for the two mags & holster option for $279.

They were also offering just the pistol & 1 mag for $249. w/ no holster. They're sold out of those now though.

I hope I get one with a hex reinforcing pin. At that price though, it's probably wishful thinking on my part.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I just ordered a P-1 too. I opted for the two mags & holster option for $279.

They were also offering just the pistol & 1 mag for $249. w/ no holster. They're sold out of those now though.

I hope I get one with a hex reinforcing pin. At that price though, it's probably wishful thinking on my part.
    I'm hoping it has the reinforcing pin as well.

(Delaware County)

Well,,,,,, they got me!!!!! Two SKS'...... shit, I really needed them. Shit,,, I really don't need them. NO,,,,, I really did need them. Maybe,,,,,,

But for the price.................. I bought two. Wait'll the wife finds out.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Cumberland County)

They still have boatloads of Model 64s too, not on sale though, but good prices anyway.

http://www.jgsales.com/handguns-c-16_211_431.html
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lancaster County)

I just received my P1 today, I couldn't be happier with the condition of the gun. It's truly an "excellent" condition pistol, free of cosmoline and showing only a few minor rub marks on the finish. The bore is bright & shiny.

It is marked 11/82, and has the hex reinforcing pin (there is actually a paper tag hanging from the lanyard ring which reads "cross pin" - it looks like they sorted the guns at some point).

The holster looks barely used, and is damn nice for a thirty year-old mil-surp holster.

For $300. shipped to my door, I couldn't be happier. I half wish that I'd have bought two.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I just received my P1 today, I couldn't be happier with the condition of the gun. It's truly an "excellent" condition pistol, free of cosmoline and showing only a few minor rub marks on the finish. The bore is bright & shiny.

It is marked 11/82, and has the hex reinforcing pin (there is actually a paper tag hanging from the lanyard ring which reads "cross pin" - it looks like they sorted the guns at some point).

The holster looks barely used, and is damn nice for a thirty year-old mil-surp holster.

For $300. shipped to my door, I couldn't be happier. I half wish that I'd have bought two.

I got mine on Wednesday. It doesn't have the hex pin. I forget what the month stamp is but the year is 1964. It might be January or February.

Mine is also in great shape except for some rubbing. on the frame and barrel but it isn't very noticeable. The muzzle has some finish worn off.

Bore is bright and shiny and very nice.

It looks much better after I cleaned it up a bit. The holster is in pretty good shape, but was definitely used. It has a # 5 on the top of the flap and in the inside. ALso has some sort of writing in what looks like pen. It's hard to make out and it looks like Vera (or maybe Verz) Stff 165.

Won't get to shoot it until at least Sunday.

Definitely lighter than I expected. I don't really care for the look of the grips though. They are in good condition, just look and feel cheap.

(Perry County)

took the P1 to the range today. Functions flawlessly through both mags, reloaded twice, so 32 rounds. Recoil isn't bad. I've been shooting mostly 45 lately so that might have helped some.

Only problem is that it shoots pretty low.

I forgot to mention that everything is matching except the mags I guess. 1 is marked P38 and the other is marked P1. there are some markings but doesn't look like the serial # on the gun.

The pistol is marked 6/64. I was wrong about the date in my previous post.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    Only problem is that it shoots pretty low.

From what I've read, that is typical of P1 pistols.

I normally shoot iron-sighted weapons with a 6 'clock hold. I believe that the P1 requires that you aim with the front sight post covering the target.

(Perry County)

SKS came today. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Has scratches and dings and stuff on the wood but the metal looks good.

Not much cosmoline. I've been lucky in the cosmoline dept. in that of all the surplus firearms I have bought, there has been little to no cosmoline in them. Never had a fully caked on cosmoline gun.

unfortunately the ammo I ordered for it was out of stock and they didn't tell me until I called just now to inquire about it. need to find some elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast