Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Just took the dive: Wilson Combat CQB Elite

And I have absolutely zero buyer's remorse.

Put my deposit down today ($500), and now just to wait 8 agonizing months for my pistol to finish. Since I have to wait so long, could any of the WC owners on here share stories with me about their purchases to help me pass the time? How much do you love your gun? What have you done with it? What do you plan on doing with it?

Overall, very excited, and wanted to talk to someone about it.

BUILD:

-CQB Elite w/ bull barrel (don't care for bushings, and don't care if it's "not a 1911" anymore because of that)
    -Flush cut, reverse crown barrel w/ flat recoil spring
    -Light rail
    -No top or rear serrations
    -All stainless steel bulletproof parts
    -Tritium front and rear sights
    -OD green frame, black slide, black parts (including barrel)

JULY 2012 WILL BE A GLORIOUS TIME.
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

Default Re: Just took the dive: Wilson Combat CQB Elite

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    And I have absolutely zero buyer's remorse.

Put my deposit down today ($500), and now just to wait 8 agonizing months for my pistol to finish. Since I have to wait so long, could any of the WC owners on here share stories with me about their purchases to help me pass the time? How much do you love your gun? What have you done with it? What do you plan on doing with it?

Overall, very excited, and wanted to talk to someone about it.

BUILD:

-CQB Elite w/ bull barrel (don't care for bushings, and don't care if it's "not a 1911" anymore because of that)
    -No top or rear serrations
    -All stainless steel bulletproof parts
    -Tritium front and rear sights
    -OD green frame, black slide, black parts (including barrel)

JULY 2012 WILL BE A GLORIOUS TIME.
    Someone asked on another thread what makes the WC 1911 so special. This ^^^ plus the fact that everything is precisely fitted ought to just about sum it up.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Delaware County)

Geez, the recession must be over..... I haven't had the pleasure of shooting one, just handled a couple. They really are beautiful pistols.

Think warm wheather.........
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Lancaster County)

Congrats on the purchase! I hope to buy a WC too someday!

(Delaware County)

SauerGrapes,,,,, you want to shoot one this weekend???? Friday, Saturday or Sunday,,, no problem. It's yours to shoot. You can teach me how to shoot it better.

To the OP... precision made, great shooter, unprecedented guarantee, how many manufacturers have a Rep on a forum full time (1911 Forum.com)?, mine has been flawless. I was fortunate enough to beat the current rush,,, I ordered mine in 10/1/10 and got it at the end of January.

All Stainless CQB Elite
    Omit Front Cocking Serrations on Slide
    Flutes, Pistol Barrel, Chamber only
    Flush cut barrel,reverse crown
    Full Length Guide Rod, #25G
    Bevel Frame and Flush cut Slide Stop
    Thin grips
    Thumb Safety Black Armor Tuff
    Slide Release Black Armor Tuff
    Hammer Black Armor Tuff
    Mag release Black Armor Tuff
    Plunger tube Black Armor Tuff
    Trigger - Medium, Black Armor Tuff
    De-Horn for Carry, Extra
    Black lettering, Armor tough

AND,,,,,,,,, just to make a little more special,,,,, test fired on 1/19/11.

I wanted the script to be large, just so no one asks me what gun I have at the range,,,,,,so yeah,,, it's a freekin billboard....

My next Wilson will be a little more subtle, I promise. That's with the original grips, I've since changed them to wood with the gold and silver medallions. As a back story,,,, on the other forum we harassed the REP (WCR) to make some silver medallions,,,,he took the abuse and finally talked Bill into making them. THEN,,,, after the initial order, he went to sliver medallions with gold plating on the edges. They are really pretty....

Yes,,,, they DID test fire it on 1/19/11.

I bought this as a carry gun, and I do carry it every day. The Speed Chute is a little too sharp for my tastes and I may swap it out for an S&A, but it is extremely well fit and works.

I have NO regrets purchasing a Wilson...and am looking forward to more of them.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Luzerne County)

first off... CONGRATS! sounds like you put some thought into it.

I have a basic Wilson CQB I bought used (although in its previous life it was a safe queen and saw little to no use)

Out of every weapon I own it is by far my favorite. No matter what i'm at the range to shoot I always end up hammering the wilson, it's just to much fun. The feel and performance are par-none.

Just practicing reloads, or even cleaning my CQB is fun, everything is PERFECT! the fit and finish.. It's just an amazing weapon.

I considered bob-tailing for carry, but why mess with something when it works as well as it does.

i plan on ordering a custom, steel framed cqb compact whenever I have the $$$ (to many wants at the moment to even consider it, and too much ammo)

You'l never regret your buy.. and if you do, let me know i'd be more then happy to take it from you.

(Luzerne County)

I'd LOVE to see those 1.6./1.7 from your taurus. at 50 yards?! Snob's?

So in your world every person who enjoys quality firearms such as: Larue, LMT, POF, Wilson, Les bear, Dan Wesson, or other customs is a SNOB?

get a grip, not our problem its not your thing. I spend more on ammo every other month than your taurus is worth. Does that make me a snob?

thundrr1 REQUESTED the large font on his CUSTOM firearm because that is what HE wanted on HIS firearm.. (as he himself stated)

I think it looks sick, and more power to him if he wants people to know exactly how nice his gun really is.

(my bad, all that was in reply to a totally off topic post accusing all wilson owners of being snobs, stating his taurus was superior.)
    Last edited by jackmonster1; November 23rd, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Jackmonster wrote - (my bad, all that was in reply to a totally off topic post accusing all wilson owners of being snobs, stating his taurus was superior.)

456 - Funny!! PT1911 Funny!! A Good gun sometimes, but not even close in many many ways. But I'll give it this a bargain for a 1911, but definitely NOT a Wilson. Funny as Sh#%!!!

You guys really cement the deal for me. That silver Elite is beautiful, and it's good to hear it's your favorite gun, Jack. I love hearing what you guys have to say.

Is it July yet?

---

On a related note, ended up "downgrading" to a CQB, as they can build me the same exact gun for $75 cheaper. Most of the savings in the CQB Elite are in the rear and top-of-slide serrations, which I got rid of, so there was really no point in staying with the Elite other than the letters on the side. My gun is essentially a bastardized version of their entire CQB line: barrel and light rail from the Tactical LE, bulletproof parts from CQB Elite, all built as a CQB. She's going to be sweet.

Like 300WM said above, ^ that's why you buy a Wilson (along with their fit and finish).

Dealing with Scott Fisher (one of their sales reps) has been a pleasure. Great customer service at WC.
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; November 23rd, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Montgomery County)

Absolutely beautiful pistol. My Tactical LE in .38 Super can't get built fast enough!