Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Default Re: Dick's wouldn't sell me ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    While you had the big man's attention, it would have been great to resolve the .22 pistol/rifle question too.

I recall back in winter of 2009 being asked at our local Walmart if the .22s were for a rifle or a pistol (and I am obviously a senior citizen). I sarcastically replied, " Why, a rifle, of course". The next time I bought 22s in there I was not asked (different clerk)...which is one of the problems with Walmart...I don't think management wantsan employee to work sporting goods long enough to know how to make a rational decision.
    WM clerks don't get much of a choice, the register won't proceed till they input the answer. Some clercks know the deal and just put in the answer and move on, others have no clue and do as the machine requires.

Next time tell them the .22 ammo is for a shotgun. You'll get either a "You're a smartass" look or a "I don't have that option" look. With the second one, when quaried deeper say "long gun". Yet again that look of confusion. Then let the guy off the hook with "It's 922r compliant".
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Chester County)

If asked, I always tell them it is for a rifle. Hey, what do I know, I have a few .22LR rifles that I shoot, so I may just use this box for my rifles.

If they question me or give me a strange look, I point to the box, and say, see, it says .22 Long RIFLE. That usually satisfies them. This is a WM, as I won't set foot in Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Because this post was from 2011
    thanks, didn't see the original post date ? wow, old thread....

Smile Re: Dick's wouldn't sell me ammo

Last nite passing DICKs In the Bartonsville Square wife says Bill look at their lighted nitetime sign right in rt 611,Someone adjusted the lighting and in big glowing neon lettering it stated, SQUARE DICKs ! Had a good laugh as I am sure many others did too,Side note Wind Gap gun show SAT & SUN, Small,but something to do instead of shopping. MDT

Hokkmike Guest

I have never been ID'ed when buying ammo. Do you, by chance, look younger than your age?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910