Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Dick's wouldn't sell me ammo

I was at Dick's sporting goods near Oxford Valley tonight and went up to the register with a case of 12 gauge. The cashier IDed me and saw that I am from New Jersey and told me i have to provide my NJ Firearms ID in order to buy ammunition.

This is in Pennsylvania!!!!! Shouldn't I just have to be 18 to buy shotgun ammo? (I'm 28)

I know that in NJ you need to be 18 to buy shotgun/rifle ammo and 21 years old with a NJFID to buy pistol ammo, but I didn't understand why it matters what state I'm from when I'm in Pennsylvania buying Ammo.

I do have a NJFID card, but didn't have it on me at the time. I would like help writing to them on this one to try to get it changed!

I have bought ammo at this Dicks before with no problem, and also Walmart nearby, Ready aim fire, and Tanners. All just being over the age of 18! Cant understand it!
    Last edited by Rollon18wheeler; November 20th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Default Re: Dick's wouldn't sell me ammo

It was probably a forum member breaking your stones for living in jersey
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    It was probably a forum member breaking your stones for living in jersey
    ok, i know i'm from a stupid state, but why does it matter where i'm from, when i'm buying ammo in PA? they should sell me any type of ammo that i want being over the age of 21 in the state of pennsylvania!

ok here is the letter i wrote to them.

I was at this store tonight - Dick's Court at Oxford Valley
    150 Commerce Boulevard
    Fairless Hills, PA 19030
    215-946-8750

I went to purchase Remington 12 gauge ammunition tonight and the cashier ID'ed me. (I'm 28 years old) I showed her my New Jersey driver's license and she said she cannot sell me the product without a NJ Firearms Purchaser ID card.

This store is in Pennsylvania - Not New Jersey.

This is not Pennsylvania state law. This has never happened to me at this Dicks store, or any other store that sells ammo in Pennsylvania!

Is this company policy?

I have a NJ firearms ID card, but it was not on me at the time. I would like to know why the company is asking for this additional card in the state of Pennsylvania. Thank You.

(Northampton County)

Dicks' job is to sell bullets, not get wrapped up in some sort of potentially entangling NJ nonsense. Look at what that Bloomberg douche in NY is doing up and down the East Coast. You want 2A Rights, talk to NJ, not Dicks. Don't blame Dick's for treating you like a Soviet, you're not in their business plan. They probably focus more on America and selling bullets to Americans. No shortage of buyers in our Nation.

(Chester County)

you should probably keep your ID's with you next time

It may be store policy. However after seeing your card she may have thought she was being put to the test! Op my policy is simple I dont spend my money where its not wanted. If Dicks refuses to answer you then spend elsewhere. Also if they say they wont sell to you because you are from NJ I will stop spending my money there as well.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

I went to Wally World in King of Prussia to buy some 22lr because they have the bulk federal packs for like 18$

They refused to sell me it because I am 18. They said the only ammunition I can legally buy are shotgun shells. Nothing else. I tried to explain to the guy running the sports department that what he said was absolutely wrong and that I have bought 22lr from them before. I explained its for my ruger 10/22. The man at the counter said

"Well my beretta takes 22lr. 22lr is a pistol round not a rifle round so you can't buy it"

And of course there is never a manager there so I could not file a complaint. I told them they are losing a customer and I will never shop at walmart ever again for as long as I live. They looked at me like "yeah, whatever"

I just got me so frustrated and so angry. I ended up driving to Insite firearms in jeffersonville which is 30 min away from my house (walmart is 8 minutes away) and bought it there for 24$ a brick.
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by elementfreak431 View Post
    I went to Wally World in King of Prussia to buy some 22lr because they have the bulk federal packs for like 18$

They refused to sell me it because I am 18. They said the only ammunition I can legally buy are shotgun shells. Nothing else. I tried to explain to the guy running the sports department that what he said was absolutely wrong and that I have bought 22lr from them before. I explained its for my ruger 10/22. The man at the counter said

"Well my beretta takes 22lr. 22lr is a pistol round not a rifle round so you can't buy it"

And of course there is never a manager there so I could not file a complaint. I told them they are losing a customer and I will never shop at walmart ever again for as long as I live. They looked at me like "yeah, whatever"

I just got me so frustrated and so angry. I ended up driving to Insite firearms in jeffersonville which is 30 min away from my house (walmart is 8 minutes away) and bought it there for 24$ a brick.
    Which employee refused you service? There are a few idiots in the Sporting department at that WalMart, but generally the older gentleman and the woman (I believe she is a manager) help me promptly. For what it's worth, the tall black woman is the manager (if I recall correctly), and it would be worth your time to talk to her.

(Chester County)

He was a pretty big black man. Im 6'2 and 200 lbs. He was probably 6'4 and maybe 220. He was bigger than me. This was 2 months giver or take 2 weeks. I want to go back and buy ammo there because it is just so much more convenient and cheaper than everywhere else for me. Ill give them a call and talk to them about it
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast