Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question LTCF Question for Chester County

I'm between states (or multiple states) right now (OH->DE->PA potentially, working on closing on a house near Kennett Square...*crosses fingers*). Once we get settled in I'd like to get my LTCF in Chester County. I have a question regarding some info they need...

These are the instructions presented:

1. An applicant must be 21 years of age and a Chester County resident.

2. You must complete the application in its entirety, including two character references. We
    prefer these references be Chester County residents and not family members. Letters of reference
    are not necessary. If you are retired you must still complete lines #21-27 with your former
    employer information. We take your digital photo and electronic signature in the office.

3. Proper identification is required. You must have a PA driver’s license with your current
    address, and photo. If you do not have a PA driver’s license, you must have a PA nondriver’s
    identification card that has a photograph and current Chester County address.
    This card is issued by PENN DOT.

4. If you are not a US citizen, you must present your current immigration card. You will need the
    last three months of utility bills that show your address. An electric or phone bill will suffice.

5. The application process may take up to 45 days, which is mandated by law. Upon approval,
    your license will be mailed to you. If you are denied you will be notified by mail, and a portion
    of the fee returned.
    My question is regarding #4... It indicates if you are not a US citizen, but do I need the 3 months of bills even if I >AM< a citizen? I'd think not but just curious if anyone was asked for this...would prefer to not have to wait 3 months to get my application in, just want to be sure.

(Chester County)

Default Re: LTCF Question for Chester County

The documentation requirements in question four only apply to non-citizens. I don't know any citizens who were asked to produce copies of bills, etc.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    They require it in Philly, of course. But, as far as I know, not the rest of Pa.

Tmygun
    Cities or townships do not set state law. You are under no obligation to provide utility bills in order to apply for your LTCF (even in Philly)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    I'm between states (or multiple states) right now (OH->DE->PA potentially, working on closing on a house near Kennett Square...*crosses fingers*). Once we get settled in I'd like to get my LTCF in Chester County. I have a question regarding some info they need...

These are the instructions presented:

<snip quote>

My question is regarding #4... It indicates if you are not a US citizen, but do I need the 3 months of bills even if I >AM< a citizen? I'd think not but just curious if anyone was asked for this...would prefer to not have to wait 3 months to get my application in, just want to be sure.
    #4 only applies to non-citizens who do not have a valid PA DL with a Chester County address. Three months at an address with utilities in your name is often an acceptable way of proving residency. I live in ChesCo and my DL was all I needed.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    #4 only applies to non-citizens who do not have a valid PA DL with a Chester County address. Three months at an address with utilities in your name is often an acceptable way of proving residency. I live in ChesCo and my DL was all I needed.
    If you're non-citizen...with green card..., they WILL ask you to provide them with utility billl of last 3 months, PA DL with Chester Co address, and green card.

I just went through this for renewal about a month ago.

(Northampton County)

PROOF OF RESIDENCY: (voter’s registration card, current-year paid per capita
    tax receipt OR earned income tax form from your local municipality).
    ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER FORMS OF PROOF ARE ACCEPTED

Taken from the Northampton County application for LTCF

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    PROOF OF RESIDENCY: (voter’s registration card, current-year paid per capita
    tax receipt OR earned income tax form from your local municipality).
    ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER FORMS OF PROOF ARE ACCEPTED

Taken from the Northampton County application for LTCF
    According to state law, there should be no such thing as a particular "Northampton County application".
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    Try telling that to the LTCF division in Philly. You won't walk out with a LTCF, I can tell you that.

Tmygun:-D
    I sure would