Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Monroeville Gun Show - C & E Gun Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    We urge everyone to stay away from businesses that don't accept open or concealed carry firearms. We call district managers when confronted. We talk about sueing departments when harassed. We come up with smart ass answers for people that ask us if that is legal. We attend ralleys and insist that there be someplace for us to "check" our firearms. We attend town meetings complaining about the signs that say we can't walk thru this park while carrying. The list goes on and on....

BUT A GUN SHOW BANS FIREARMS AND THIS IS PERFECTLY OK WITH YOU GUYS. WTF.
    YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING.

If no one attended. If everyone called the owners and complained. If people wrote letters... you know, the stuff everyone preaches when it happens elsewhere. Maybe it would change. And if it didn't, WHY would you support it. It is such a DOUBLE STANDARD. You can attend a GUN SHOW. But you're NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY while your there.
    In my opinion, you all should be ashamed you attended any gun show that won't let you carry. Like I said in an earlier post. It is about the most TWO FACED thing members of this forum do. If a local busniess made you zip tie your firearm, or made you leave your ammo, or put it in the car, you all would be up in arms bitching up a storm.

Just saying.
    Ah, who's this "We"? You'll need to bring up the number of members of the "we" before they are a powerful enough force to make any difference. I honestly don't see that happening.

Here's why:
    -Most gun owners do not carry.
    -Many of those who do carry are not politically active and don't care to be.
    -Of the politically active carriers, most are only politically active on a gun forum.

So, unfortunately the "we" is a very insignificant number.
    Last edited by Hawk; December 13th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

It just wont happen that you get everyone to refuse to attend these restricted events. Not reality unfortunately.

I didn't know the policy as i said i was allowed full loaded carry at Washington Show and spent $$ on tolls so i was going in, plus i met a friend who also drove a distance to meet up.

Plus, for my own comfort - i had a nice Spyderco sharp knife (for urgent ziptie removal if necessary) and a speedstrip of extra 38sp. Just worked out that way.

Met Dave ! Nice guy!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    ...However the outfit that runs the Monroeville show is particularly strict in the implimentation of said policy...From what I understand this outfit has had a higher rate than normal of ADs at their shows over the years for some reason. This might explain the strict policy. It doesn't excuse it, it just might explain it.
    If you remember back to 2005 there was a ND at the PGCA show in Monroeville where a man was shot by a customer who was handed a loaded handgun from a dealer from the dealers table.

I'm sure these shows who had incidents in the past are simply following rules established by their insurance company in order to remain insured and not at some astronomical rate. I look at it this way, it's their show, they can set the rules to meet their needs. No one is twisting the public's arm to participate or attend.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post

Met Dave ! Nice guy!
    Nice meeting you too.

Did they give you back your rounds?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Yes I got my rounds back and loaded up outside which felt very odd - off in a little corner.

I remember once seeing a special piece of equipment you would unload at - why wasn't there one of those there so we didn't have to go outside around people to do this if they wanted us unloaded?

My ladyfriend that was with me doesn't carry yet although she just picked up a 380 LCP yesterday so maybe soon. She didn't have to jump the hoops like i did.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Yes I got my rounds back and loaded up outside which felt very odd - off in a little corner.

I remember once seeing a special piece of equipment you would unload at - why wasn't there one of those there so we didn't have to go outside around people to do this if they wanted us unloaded?

My ladyfriend that was with me doesn't carry yet although she just picked up a 380 LCP yesterday so maybe soon. She didn't have to jump the hoops like i did.
    I'd write to the show promoter or thier insurance holder and inform them of the dangers of not having a loading/unloading barrel. IMHO, it's safer to keep everyone holstered than to load/unload without a barrel. People go outside in the parking lot and load/unload anywhere they want.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

True! There was more risk of an AD from people fiddling on a sidewalk with their guns than just leaving them safe and holstered. Really a bad idea on the shows part to have it done this dangerous way.

(Allegheny County)

FYI for the future, the Expomart is no more. It is now an office building. The Convention Center appears to be the replacement.

The Amish lady whose husband has all the AR stuff makes excellent cookies!

I found 22 hornet brass which has been very hard to find as of late. I took the last 200.
    The Lord Bless You

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345