Allentown, Pa. 18104

Show Hours:
    Saturday 12/3/2011 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    Sunday 12/4/2011 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM

Admission:
    Adult: $7.00

Number of tables: 840

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

I haven't been to this show for abit so gonna ask a noobish question.

Looking for a Finn M39 (shooter) in good overall shape. Prices seem to flux from $225-$275 depending on year and who manufactured it. I think max I am willing to pay is $300 but rifle would need to be spectacular for me to fork that out. For those that hit this show regularly is this doable or am I better off passing? I don't wanna spend $7 see mostly WW2 memorabilia and knife dealers with only a few actual Gun tables which was the case last time I hit one of these.

Thanks

(Bucks County)

Thinking about going to the show this weekend ? Driving up from Phila .. Good show ? .. Thanks

Brian

(Northampton County)

I'm going to check it out this weekend. Their website says they have it all minus the junk tables.

http://www.allentownshow.net/gunshows.htm

-Mike

(Northampton County)

Historical firearms and related clothing and such. Great show for history etc.
    Lot of Nazi collectibles (some real..maybe some not).
    Some US Forces--jackets, hats, packs.
    Few...very few current firearms dealers.
    2 Ammo venders.
    Tons of rifles-old and newer.
    Fewer handguns.
    Saturday crowded but Sunday much less so.
    Been there many times.
    Enjoy.

(Carbon County)

I was there today with my little girl, but it was a little too crowded for her. Too many people walking around not paying the least bit attention to anything around them. I ended up carrying my little one because she got walked all over. I know it's probably not the place to bring a 3 year old, and expect courtesy, but still. At least say sorry when you step on her feet or bump into her. Even when I was carrying her, people with rifles slung over their shoulders would turn with them hanging down, and almost poke you in the eye. I think the guys walking around the shows with their rifles over their shoulder, should be more in control of the rifle.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stampeed Valkyrie View Post
    I haven't been to this show for abit so gonna ask a noobish question.

Looking for a Finn M39 (shooter) in good overall shape. Prices seem to flux from $225-$275 depending on year and who manufactured it. I think max I am willing to pay is $300 but rifle would need to be spectacular for me to fork that out. For those that hit this show regularly is this doable or am I better off passing? I don't wanna spend $7 see mostly WW2 memorabilia and knife dealers with only a few actual Gun tables which was the case last time I hit one of these.

Thanks
    You could just take a ride over to Sarco's store in Easton. Bet they'd have your Finn.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

I was less than impressed. Went with pamedic with a couple of items in mind. The selection seemed to be geared more towards surplus and WWII memorabilia and less towards shooters or modern firearms.

I saw, or at least I noticed, exactly zero people selling reloading equipment. Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't notice anything.

There were perhaps 5 tables with auto-loading pistols manufactured after 1989, and the prices were mediocre compared to what I've seen in a shop. Only one table stood out to me, mostly because I've dealt with their store previously.

Specifically speaking, I saw my concealed piece, a Ruger LC9, priced exactly the same as I paid in the shop. I use that as a good barometer for how the prices are going to be at any given show, because if they have any modern pistols, they'll probably have the LC9 on the table. I only saw one M&P 9mm, it had a thumb safety, and I was completely blown off by the guy behind the table when somebody asked him something about having some rifle that he had called the shop about previously. He was completely disinterested in making a sale, so I walked away.

Personally I was more impressed with Heritage Guild's open house than I was with the Allentown Gun Show.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    You could just take a ride over to Sarco's store in Easton. Bet they'd have your Finn.
    Your probably correct and will be my next stop when I get a chance.

As for the show it was a bust, again as I stated in my original post WW2 memorabilia and knife vendors galore. Normally I can find some reasonable prices on surplus ammo but no deal this time around. I did find 1 Finn M39 in fair condition vendor was more interested in stuffing his face and answering his phone rather then dealing with a customer. I noticed some surface rust in the bore near the muzzle but because the guy was otherwise preoccupied I never was able to look down the bore... oh well his loss.

(Northampton County)

I got half way down the first isle today when an officer of the historical society says,you cannot have that in here,looking at my holster.I say why?He says,you cannot have that in here.I say,its twisted tied.He says,ok.Then I get to the last isle and an allentown cop says,hey mister,hey mister.I go up to him and say,it has a twist tie in it,as I turn sideways for him to see.He says ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast