Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Full Auto Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Whch I will ALWAYS say benefits the well-heeled folks that accumulated - and do not EVER, EVER, NEVER want to see their $18K West Hurley 1928TSMG fall to a $500.00 price, or $4500.00 STENS drop back to a couple hundred.

Turning back the NFA laws would be a fuck-job to NFA "investors" that would make the Wall Street theives envious.
    I would suffer a very similar loss but I would still do anything I could to repeal the MG ban. Everybody I've ever talked to that owns MGs agrees with me. Then again, I never asked a dealer with a lot of inventory

(Allegheny County)

I'm calling the "Occupy" movement!

It's not fair that only the rich own full auto!

OCCUPY NFA!!!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

OCCUPY NFA!!!

wait a minute as much as i disagree wtih this. I agree wtih this

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

OCCUPY NFA!!!

GREAT IDEA!

OCCUPY NFA!!!

. . . .

And of course there is the artificial price pressures induced by bogus NFA gun laws of '34, '68, and '86 that limit the pool of transferables.

Whch I will ALWAYS say benefits the well-heeled folks that accumulated - and do not EVER, EVER, NEVER want to see their $18K West Hurley 1928TSMG fall to a $500.00 price, or $4500.00 STENS drop back to a couple hundred.
    Turning back the NFA laws would be a fuck-job to NFA "investors" that would make the Wall Street theives envious.
    This is a very silly post.

The shortage was created in 1986, the "investors" have made whatever money they were going to make. All of the other buyers have paid the price despite the cost, because they are gun guys who wanted MG's to play with, or to sit in a safe where they can simply be possessed like a ring of power.

If all those evil rich guys (and yeah, this smacks of the OWS crowd) had their $15K guns suddenly become $3K guns, I know that most of them would gleefully start buying up brand-new $3K M-60's and $500 MAC's and Uzi's, and they wouldn't look back.

Some of the mouthbreathers go further and allege that dealers are making a fortune selling $13,000 M-16's....except that they have to buy them at inflated prices just like the rest of us. Maybe they can work a deal and get one for $9K, but they aren't traveling back in time and buying them at $1K and then zipping back to the present and selling them for $13K.

Which would you rather do, make $4K selling one $13K M-16 every 6 months, or make $500 every 3 days selling another $1500 M-16 ?

Full time Class III dealers would LOVE to have an unlimited supply of new MG's at low prices, just like your gas station would prefer $1/gallon gas in unlimited supply, with customers filling the lot every hour of every day. Volume makes you profitable, not a shrinking supply and prices that lock out 90% of the potential customers.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This is a very silly post.

The shortage was created in 1986, the "investors" have made whatever money they were going to make. All of the other buyers have paid the price despite the cost, because they are gun guys who wanted MG's to play with, or to sit in a safe where they can simply be possessed like a ring of power.

If all those evil rich guys (and yeah, this smacks of the OWS crowd) had their $15K guns suddenly become $3K guns, I know that most of them would gleefully start buying up brand-new $3K M-60's and $500 MAC's and Uzi's, and they wouldn't look back.

Some of the mouthbreathers go further and allege that dealers are making a fortune selling $13,000 M-16's....except that they have to buy them at inflated prices just like the rest of us. Maybe they can work a deal and get one for $9K, but they aren't traveling back in time and buying them at $1K and then zipping back to the present and selling them for $13K.

Which would you rather do, make $4K selling one $13K M-16 every 6 months, or make $500 every 3 days selling another $1500 M-16 ?

Full time Class III dealers would LOVE to have an unlimited supply of new MG's at low prices, just like your gas station would prefer $1/gallon gas in unlimited supply, with customers filling the lot every hour of every day. Volume makes you profitable, not a shrinking supply and prices that lock out 90% of the potential customers.
    Nothing fucking silly about it at all.

And where do you get the notion of class warfare here??

Like everyone else in this thread - I sure don't have the toys I want, so damn freaking straight I want the ban overturned so I can afford them - but lets get real:

the only ones who want to see these very expensive toys get suddenly cheap - are those who don't have them and want to BUY them - Like ME.

And as you state, as gun guys busting the bank to pay $13K for a long-desired Westy - I sure wouldn't be too freakin happy watching it's re-sale value plunge overnight if the ban was overturned and Kahr started selling fresh 1928's to John Q Public again for $1K.

So yeah, anyone who wants one and can't have one - WANTS the ban overturned, like I do.

Again - if you were one of those BCRs that second-mortgaged your home for an MG42 4 years ago; you suddenly don't care if you are underwater just so that I can get one for $2K ?

Nah, didn't think so, your $21K gun is now worth $2K - and your'e not happy about it, no matter what one might publicly post here..

Oh, and that gas where the gas station bought it at $3/gallon - where do you buy your gas where the price drops several bucks a gallon when crude oil falls?
    It doesn't. It trickles down a few penneys at a time - and yet rockets up many cents when crude goes back up.

Edit: And the shortage began in 1968; when foreign-origin NFA was dissallowed for F4 transfers and reserved for dealer/dealer xfers. That's why real VN-bring-back Russian AKs, true Sterlings, FN-made Uzi's, et al, were always worth a king's ransom.
    Last edited by nfafan; December 13th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northampton County)

..the only ones who want to see these very expensive toys get suddenly cheap - are those who don't have them and want to BUY them - Like ME...
    Did you read the thread? I have them, I want the ban overturned. Everyone I know that has them wants the ban overturned.

And as you state, as gun guys busting the bank to pay $13K for a long-desired Westy - I sure wouldn't be too freakin happy watching it's re-sale value plunge overnight if the ban was overturned and Kahr started selling fresh 1928's to John Q Public again for $1K.

So yeah, anyone who wants one and can't have one - WANTS the ban overturned, like I do.

Again - if you were one of those BCRs that second-mortgaged your home for an MG42 4 years ago; you suddenly don't care if you are underwater just so that I can get one for $2K ?

Nah, didn't think so, your $21K gun is now worth $2K - and your'e not happy about it, no matter what one might publicly post here..
    I don't know why you refuse to believe everybody else and insist that everybody else is lying and they all MUST be short-sighted, selfish bastards. I wonder where that comes from? Because it doesn't seem to be coming from everybody else.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Did you read the thread? I have them, I want the ban overturned. Everyone I know that has them wants the ban overturned.

I don't know why you refuse to believe everybody else and insist that everybody else is lying and they all MUST be short-sighted, selfish bastards. I wonder where that comes from? Because it doesn't seem to be coming from everybody else.
    Yeah, been adding to the thread since it started.

And when it came up, I simply added a point as to why some folks would NOT BE SAD if the ban was NEVER overturned: the point that you have missed was the loss of value in what you own vs what you might have paid for it when you acquired it.

You don't know what I own or what I paid for it or when I bought it. Let's leave it as I would be de-fucking-lighted if the ban ended tomorrow. Wouldn't affect me a bit - except put me back into the market again.

But no one in their right mind would be happy to have spent $22K on a gun due to post-86 price spikes - only to see it plunge in value overnite with a ban repeal next week.

If you meet someone who spent $22K on an MG42 that I could now build for a $1K parts kit - and is happy for their financial loss in value - then run, cause their nuckin futts.
    Or lying. Or both.

Ask them how they explained that scenario to their family - "hey, ya know the gun I jumped thru hoops for and took out the loan for last year - yeah that one, the really expensive one that I waited forever for? Yeah, its almost worthless now. But Bob on the gunboards just got one for a K!!"

Spouses have been murdered for less, I'm sure.

Those of us with 401Ks have been getting this butt-jamming aplenty already - is everyone happy with their losses?
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Well speaking for myself if i invested $25,000 on a full auto HK i sure as hell wouldn't want it's value to plummet by 90% over night.

It's simple economics, NFA obviously has a point IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Well speaking for myself if i invested $25,000 on a full auto HK i sure as hell wouldn't want it's value to plummet by 90% over night.

It's simple economics, NFA obviously has a point IMO.
    Gun guys, and MG guys in particular, buy MG's because they want them, not to preserve their value. If the ban continues, they may sell that minty Thompson and put the money into a minty MP-40.

But if the ban were repealed, and new MG's could be had for the price of a parts kit, new receiver, and $200, then they'd get to KEEP that minty Thompson and get an MP-40, too. And a Sten and a MAC and an M-16.

As a side note, they aren't making any more pre-WW II Thompsons, and even if the ban is lifted they won't make any more pre-WW II Thompsons, so collector grade guns will hold their value. Lifting the ban would mean that shooter guns would be made, not that 70 year old guns would drop in value substantially.

But even with respect to those Colt M-16's which will feel some downward pressure from the flood of new aftermarket guns....you guys don't get it, you can't project what you think that you would do on these hypothetical rich guys who you don't know. They want guns, they bought them high or they bought them early and got in cheap, but basically, they want to have guns. A repeal would mean more guns. No repeal means fewer guns. Your $100K gun budget buys a few MG's now, or every gun you ever wanted if the ban goes away. So the $13K M-16 is now a $5K Colt....but you can afford to buy another MG every month, or every 6 months. It's a net win.

It really is like the OWS crowd, they ascribe malevolent motives to people they don't know and have never met and have never heard say a word, and self-righteously look down on these strangers for these imputed, imaginary failings.

Are there "investors" who bought guns when Obama was elected, hoping to sdell them for a profit when the new AWB went into effect? Sure, and they've already lost money. Bit those people aren't participating on gun forums, they aren't gun people, they just view guns like gold or hog bellies or soybeans, just another commodity. And they probably never bought any MG's, there hasn't been an investment moment for those since 1986 (well, except for the Group Industries thing.)
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast