Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default howdy from a new member!

Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the board...and as a soon-to-be new gun owner. The wife and I have been meaning to purchase our own handgun and join a club for a while now, and we are gonna do just that in the next few days!

FWIW, we are strongly considering getting both the Beretta Neos .22 and a bigger 92fs so we can vary our range time (and not go completely broke on ammo!). Not looking to CC or OC, but will not rule that out in the future...primary goals are to develop a new skill set and have a practical last resort home defense (hopefully to never require needing it for that), not to mention have some fun and meet some new friends

-John

(Bucks County)

Default Re: howdy from a new member!

Welcome to the board. A 22 is a good idea as it is cheap to shoot, but will allow you to develope your skills.

If you are looking to join a range/club, consider Conestoga as it is just down the road from Warminster in Southampton.

(Bucks County)

Welcome to the Pafoa

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: howdy from a new member!

Quote Originally Posted by natural320 View Post
    Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the board...and as a soon-to-be new gun owner. The wife and I have been meaning to purchase our own handgun and join a club for a while now, and we are gonna do just that in the next few days!

FWIW, we are strongly considering getting both the Beretta Neos .22 and a bigger 92fs so we can vary our range time (and not go completely broke on ammo!). Not looking to CC or OC, but will not rule that out in the future...primary goals are to develop a new skill set and have a practical last resort home defense (hopefully to never require needing it for that), not to mention have some fun and meet some new friends

-John
    Welcome your didn't ask, but if you are looking for a place to buy give Tanners a look on Rt 263 in Jamison. Check out the posts on Tanners under Places to Shop on this forum. Also, check out this Club that is close to you. Membership is inexpensive compared to renting and your spouse is part of your membership.

http://www.conestogagunclub.org/

(Bucks County)

well I feel as if I am on the right track already since I was planning on heading over to Tanner's after work! the kind words and praise for that shop in particular that I have seen (both here and on google) is what made me decide to check them out. Doesn't hurt that they are all of 5 minutes from my house either ;-)

Since I am just a newbie around here, I will not go into the appalling night I spent at Classic Pistol (don't want anyone to think I came here simply to bash them)

my only other local reference would be Clayton's, where the wife and I rekindled our desire to shoot this past weekend. The people there that we dealt with were wonderful and very helpful. Super impressed (but I did want to "shop around" before committing to a place)

speaking of, I read through that entire thread on Conestoga...and I was hoping to get in touch with you Rugerman about checking the place out sometime in the not too distant future. from what I gather we could not become members until December, right? regardless, it sounds like a neat club, and I totally want to give it a visit. I can be added to the "I drive by it every day and always wondered" list!

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: howdy from a new member!

well I feel as if I am on the right track already since I was planning on heading over to Tanner's after work! the kind words and praise for that shop in particular that I have seen (both here and on google) is what made me decide to check them out. Doesn't hurt that they are all of 5 minutes from my house either ;-)

Since I am just a newbie around here, I will not go into the appalling night I spent at Classic Pistol (don't want anyone to think I came here simply to bash them)

my only other local reference would be Clayton's, where the wife and I rekindled our desire to shoot this past weekend. The people there that we dealt with were wonderful and very helpful. Super impressed (but I did want to "shop around" before committing to a place)

speaking of, I read through that entire thread on Conestoga...and I was hoping to get in touch with you Rugerman about checking the place out sometime in the not too distant future. from what I gather we could not become members until December, right? regardless, it sounds like a neat club, and I totally want to give it a visit. I can be added to the "I drive by it every day and always wondered" list!
    Please see my response too on your other post.

Tanners is a great place to get advice and to learn about all the various weapons that will fit your needs. They will be happy to go thru all the possibilities and answer your questions. In regards to .22 pistols their are a lot of choices..........semi-autos are almost entired used at Conestoga for matches and most use Rugers. You may not think at this point that you will be doing matches, but keep that future possibility in mind when purchasing...

Have fun!

(Bucks County)

Natural 320 - I also posted under the Conestoga thread - just wanted to make sure you saw this. Rugerman 42 e-mailed me and asked if I could show you the club.

I can show you the club today - Friday (11/18), Saturday (11/19) until 3:00 or Sunday (11/20) until 1:30.

One bit of advice - due to the angle and steepness of the driveway at the entrance to the club, it is better if you approach from westbond Street Road (w132) and make a left into the driveway.

(Bucks County)

Since I am just a newbie around here, I will not go into the appalling night I spent at Classic Pistol (don't want anyone to think I came here simply to bash them)!
    Welcome to PAFOA.

Since problems are few and far between (except for being crowded) at Classic Pistol, would you mind telling us about your appaling night there?
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

sure thing. it is actually a 2 parter to be fair. We went in on Sunday night for the first time, and they were a little busy, so we browsed around for a moment when the (presumed) owner made it a point to come over and talk with my wife and I and answer our questions and show us around. He even took us out on the firing line so we could get a feel for the range itself. Very nice indeed. It was late, so we said we'd come back the next day to actually use the range.

So we did. When we arrived they were clearly busy, so again we wandered around for a minute to let it clear out before approaching the counter. Once we did that, we were completely ignored for 25 minutes! Employees would not look at us, let alone help us out. As they (employees, but not the gentleman we met the night before) walked around behind the counter, right past us a few times, they diverted their eyes and didn't acknowledge my hello. It was truly a strange experience...

we wanted to chalk it up to them being busy and potentially flustered from the influx of people, so we left and went to dinner, then came back an hour later. Only 5 or 6 people in there this time...EXACT SAME OUTCOME. It was almost like these people were going out of their way to avoid us...2 visits, nearly an hour comibined in the store, and we didn't get so much as a hello?!?

This time we had picked up some items that we were going to purchase to go along with our range rental. So we are standing by the register, items in hand, yet no one felt the need to even approach us? We weren't just seeing how much stuff we could hold in our hands for crying out loud! They were flocking towards a different customer (that already had 2 guys "helping" her) that was looking to purchase a gun as a gift, and they were belittling her for not knowing exactly what she wanted. They were talking down to her like she was a child and had no real business being there. It was downright rude and awkward for any bystander to witness this...and it really was a shame the owner was not present to see the employees act this way. So CP lost several items worth of sales, a night's rental, and we were also going to buy a range membership...certainly not now though. and I hope the owner sees this somehow and let's the employees from the night of the 14th have it for the way they acted, not only to us, but towards that woman as well (I hope she had the good sense to walk out of there like we did).

But anyway, CP's loss will be Conestoga's gain as far as my family is concerned. And to reiterate, the facility was quite nice, pretty decent looking stock for sale, and the owner was a true pleasure to meet. It is just unfortunate his employees did not follow his lead when he wasn't present

(Bucks County)

first welcome to the board there alot of info here .the 22 is a awesome gun to start with i have a ruger 22 but rifle it is awesome .and about CP i have never bought from there but i will say this i went there one night to look at some guns mainly a 1911 i really want one of those .but there were multi people there so i did the same waited my turn.but the one guy cant remember his name .but was very helpful .maybe cause i was looking at the pricer guns idk maybe they work commis.but i agree with you thats crazy and i know they are on here so they will see it .if they do anything is a nother question.no disrespect intended in a time like this you would think the owner would be pissed .also this lady do you rmember what she looked like or what she was looking at cause it could have been my wife ..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast