Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Slide fire solutions group buy

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    how do they get away with forcing dealers to sell their product for a fixed price...i thought that was illegal?
    It is contractual to prevent guys from selling well under other dealers. If you sign into a contract you have to play by the rules! The only other option is to not become a dealer, unless the dealer wants to work for a loss.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lehigh County)

my prototype bump fire stick or kicker stick or ripper rod.

sorry was advised to remove post
    Last edited by wildsofpa; February 5th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
    ~id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6~

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    It is contractual to prevent guys from selling well under other dealers. If you sign into a contract you have to play by the rules! The only other option is to not become a dealer, unless the dealer wants to work for a loss.
    Yea, I'm not sure how this is legal either... The manufacturer can tell you you can't ADVERTISE below a certain price (Minimum Advertised Price M.A.P.), but there should be nothing stopping you from selling at whatever cost you want. If you want to give your buddy one for $5, have at it.

I'd imagine though as said, that if you were found advertising a great price and selling these stocks, Slidefire would get mad and pull your wholesale account. The company is super selective about who can buy these stocks. I know I can get them at cost from another larger dealer, but personally I think they're quite stupid lol.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Montgomery County)

I don't think I'd call them stupid, its pretty much a $300 no tax stamp gadget that is just about makes an automatic. Let's see, $15000-18000 for a M16 or $300 and one of my Colt's? Not everyone can afford $300 let alone $15K, seems like a good deal.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KINGOWOOD View Post
    I don't think I'd call them stupid, its pretty much a $300 no tax stamp gadget that is just about makes an automatic. Let's see, $15000-18000 for a M16 or $300 and one of my Colt's? Not everyone can afford $300 let alone $15K, seems like a good deal.
    It's not worth arguing about ya know? It's just an opinion. It's a cool gadget sort of thing, but personally I'd never own one. I don't like the way it works, the way it looks, the price, or the gimmick of it. I'm the crazy kind of guy who would drop the big money to buy the real thing lol.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Yea, I'm not sure how this is legal either... The manufacturer can tell you you can't ADVERTISE below a certain price (Minimum Advertised Price M.A.P.), but there should be nothing stopping you from selling at whatever cost you want. If you want to give your buddy one for $5, have at it.

I'd imagine though as said, that if you were found advertising a great price and selling these stocks, Slidefire would get mad and pull your wholesale account. The company is super selective about who can buy these stocks. I know I can get them at cost from another larger dealer, but personally I think they're quite stupid lol.
    Exactly, if you wanted to sell them at $5 or any other price there is nothing which prevents you from doing so. Just as there is nothing preventing the manufacturer from never selling you any more product at dealer pricing in the future. It's not a legal requirement, simply an agreement between the manufacturer and the dealer.

(Berks County)

there doing the same thing as nightforce optics, you cant sell under there MAP price, if they find out you do thell cut you off,

Editing my post so so I don't sound like so much of a raving jackass. I was having one of those days yesterday, we've all been there.

- I think these slide fire stocks are way too expensive. I will NOT buy a brand spanking new one unless I get a deal or if someone sells one second hand.

- The sports clothing, Under Armor does the same thing with pricing and dealer control. And because of the fact that they aren't willing to budge, they've lost my business and so have these slide fire guys. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. I want one, but I'm not paying $350 for a plastic stock and hand grip. That's ridiculous. Your paying for the simulated full auto fire is what your doing. I won't be robbed like that. I'll not buy a full priced one simply on principal.
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; April 28th, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
    [account deactivated]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123