Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: So Long York!

(Monroe County)

Default So Long York!

Looks like someone is a sore loser... Can't say I'm sad to see her go... because I'm not. I've only been in front of her twice (both vehicular related) and she treated me like the shit on the bottom of her shoes both times.

Now she quits with 0 days notice after "serving" for 14 years... a true class act

Debby York, the magisterial district judge serving Chestnuthill and Jackson townships since 1987, resigned Monday, Monroe County District Court Administrator Debbie Krom-Powell confirmed.
    “Judge York sent my office a fax at 11 a.m. Monday, saying she would be resigning as of 4 p.m.,” said Krom-Powell, who oversees the county's 10 district court offices. “There was no reason given, not that any is required.”
    York, the Democratic incumbent, lost to Republican challenger Colleen Mancuso, an assistant district attorney with her own private practice in Stroudsburg, in the November election for the district judge seat. Until Mancuso starts work on the first Monday of the new year, Senior District Judge Paul Hadzick, the former Weatherly district judge, will be handling duties at York's former Brodheadsville office.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: So Long York!

I can't believe she did that when I saw the Pocono Record update at noon. She has always treated me right and my kids although I never had any criminal dealings with her.
    Both her and her son Joe got beat in the selections this year.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I can't believe she did that when I saw the Pocono Record update at noon. She has always treated me right and my kids although I never had any criminal dealings with her.
    Both her and her son Joe got beat in the selections this year.
    Well I'm sure they will have a nice Thanksgiving at home together then, sore losers. How do you hold a job for 24 years "serving" the public and quit with 5 hours notice a week before Thanksgiving?

a real class act.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Well I'm sure they will have a nice Thanksgiving at home together then, sore losers. How do you hold a job for 24 years "serving" the public and quit with 5 hours notice a week before Thanksgiving?

a real class act.
    Not much consideration for her staff to just up and quit. The paper calls it resign but it's really quiting.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

I have no idea of why anybody would pull a stunt like this - - but I do know of others who have had the phrase "...unlawful flight to avoid prosecution" associated with their names, after doing such precipitous departure.

If it was Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, or maybe even State College, I would feel less incensed; but anymore, stuff happens durn near everywhere.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Philadelphia County)

Hmmmm, maybe she is ducking out to keep her pension...

but why?
    1988 Sig P226, 1988 Porsche 911, Coincidence?

I have been before Judge York on more then one occasion! I have always found her to be more then fare! Most of us had our "bad" years.

She handed me my head just after taking office for a umm "poaching" incident I was involved in! (note to others: car headlights get hot when you hold them in your hand to spot!)

She has been more then fare with me on "several" traffic violations.

She was more than fare with my knuklehead brother on a fraudulent use of a vehicle registration charge!

The above is true enough that when I decided to get married and we were dead ass broke. YES Judge york performed our ceramony. That was 16 years ago!

Why she walked the way she did is anybodys guess but I do know the election got quite nasty for such a small area.

(Monroe County)

I can't figure it. I hope the salary she was to collect is stopped for the time from now till the first Monday in January when the elected Judge takes over. Any extra monies it costs the taxpayers to bring a temp from Weatherly should also be out of her salary.

It was a typical race with both candidate's supporters slinging mud and to top it all off her son lost his bid for a supervisors spot and his supporters were the worst at slinging mud and telling ties.

Sad way to end a career.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I can't figure it. I hope the salary she was to collect is stopped for the time from now till the first Monday in January when the elected Judge takes over. Any extra monies it costs the taxpayers to bring a temp from Weatherly should also be out of her salary.

It was a typical race with both candidate's supporters slinging mud and to top it all off her son lost his bid for a supervisors spot and his supporters were the worst at slinging mud and telling ties.

Sad way to end a career.
    I do agree that it was a sad way to end her career!

(Carbon County)

as far as i'm concerned good. when any political person is voted out of office they should get 1 day to clean out their desk ! that includes everybody including the president of the united states! they were voted out because they were no longer wanted because of their policies or other reasons ....get out now and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out !!!
    Last edited by middlefinger; November 20th, 2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........