Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Springfield Armory XD .40 service model

I got myself a new toy. A Springfield Armory XD .40 service model. From what I have read it is insulting to discus a new acquisition without providing photos. It just so happens, photography is another hobby of mine. I picked it up Friday afternoon and have thus far punched 300 rounds through it. Since I have only been shooting for month and am unqualified and inexperienced for comparison purposes and all I can say is I like it better then the S&W Sigma I traded in on it. The target in the one photo was shot at 25 feet and as you can see I get a stray or two on every clip. I am working on tightening my grouping and then my distance and speed.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I understand it is customary to provide photos…..

Nice gun and even nicer pictures!! I had an OD XD 40 SW but just could not shoot that weapon accurately. I tried several times and gave up and sold it. I really WANTED to shoot it well and keep it since I really liked it. I'd say you are shooting your pretty well and will only improve. How do you like the reduced power loads?

Wait, they manufacture reduced power loads? And to think that I have been reloading to get the reduced recoil.

Guess I could have spent more money and saved time.

Nice looking pistol. Hope it is everything you want and more. I got approval to purchase another pistol after the first of the year from CINCHOUSE and am thinking either Springfield, or **GASP** glock.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Bucks County)

To clarify, its not customary but mandatory to provide photos.

Nice XD. Been loving my XD45.

(Berks County)

Those are some nice pics, JD. Lots of luck with your new weapon.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

Nice pictures dude!

You might want to try a different color background next time or add a fill light behind the gun to outline the contours better.

Also, try one of those products that make polymer/metal shine, like ArmorAll for the car. You seem to be getting some very nice detail in your pics, which could be accentuated by added specularity on the subject.

Nice work!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Montgomery County)

NICE SHOTS!

Both the pictures and the target!

(Erie County)

"Since I have only been shooting for month," you wrote.

From the looks of the picture of your target just keep doing what you're doing!!!

Nice pistol!! Enjoy & stay safe.

(Erie County)

Default Springfield Armory XD .40 service model

great pics of the Springfield Armory XD .40 service model... thanks for sharing them. do you like it? I'm not crazy about the way the rear grip-tang safety locks up the slide.

-douglas

(Northampton County)

First that you everyone. I am glad you like the photos and I will love this gun. I am already very happy with it and that only after two trips to the range.

Holleta,
    I am sorry to hear you had trouble with yours. The XD is very similar in feel to the S&W Sigma I had, so it is only an improvement and easier to shoot. The Federal Hydrashock in the photo are actually 45s. So I have not shot any yet as they are for my Father’s gun.

SGTUSArmy,
    They are 45s, and only 165 grain, so if you can live with that, then there ya go. They are a buck a shot, yup, $19.99 for that box of 20! I would try the Springfield, I really like the grip a lot better then the Glocks.

Phillyd2,
    I am glad I posted the photos then!

ChamberedRound,
    Thank you twice.

LorDiego,
    Thank You, that’s it, a rim light, that’s it! I could light the background a little, maybe I will try and light it with a colored light or just a plain incandescent, that’s orange enough to color cast the black. I have to shoot my Fathers 1911 next, I will try that. I have to roll up some paper and make a snoot for the third flash to make a rim light out of it.

Exceltoexcel,
    Again I say thanks twice.

Keystone,
    I am very happy with my progress, I am having a lot of fun shooting and I suppose a lot of that has to do with hitting the target when I want to

Doug,
    Thank YOU and you’re welcome. I love my XD thus far. I will admit that I was a little surprised that I had to hold the grip safety to rack the slide also. But, the good thing is that the slide lock up leaver is easy to push up when holding the grip with the slide back. I had more trouble doing that on the Sigma then I do with this gun. So, while it will take a little getting used to I think it’s something that will be easy to overcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast