Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ab-10

(Bucks County)

Default Ab-10

hey guys i got a ab-10.does anybody on here have one and what have you guys done to these little guys .i want to find a slide out stock for it or a laser site .something diffrent for it .let me see what you guys have done thanks

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Ab-10

A slide out stock will turn it into a short barreled rifle, and without the proper paperwork from the feds, that will get you a few years in the Fed Pen.

I had a Tec-9 back in the day, sold it and bought a Calico, sold the Calico during the Clinton ban and bought a Garand. Still have the Garand.

Can't help you with the laser, but I'd suggest buying any spare parts you can find. Firing pins, buffers and springs will be a good start.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by gun fan View Post
    hey guys i got a ab-10.does anybody on here have one and what have you guys done to these little guys .i want to find a slide out stock for it or a laser site .something diffrent for it .let me see what you guys have done thanks
    To put a stock on that gun you will need to apply for a Short Barrel Rifle tax stamp with the ATF.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I restored one for a family member a few years ago. The first detail I noticed was the "safety" arrangement. As I recall, when the safety was applied, there was a strong risk of breaking the firing pin. Sure enough, the firing pin was bent over on this one, and deeply cracked.

So, I'd stock up on firing pins.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Bucks County)

i've read that the receiver cracks on the AB10 making the gun useless since there are no replacement receivers available.

(Bucks County)

i have had it for a few years now .and i have no issues with it yet .i dont shoot every weekend but hey .i will start to look for parts just in case .but does anybody have one of them here .is the value higher now then when i bought it .

(Montgomery County)

The AB-10 I shot would not hit a target from 20 feet. The 2 inch barrel, poor sights, and terrible trigger pull just didn't make for a fun day at the range. I would not spend the money to customize it. And I haven't seen any aftermarket parts for it. The one thing I might invest in for it would be a barrel long enough to make it accurate, but putting a laser and stock on a gun that can't hit a target won't make it shoot better.

And I think the only ones worth anything are low S/Ns and the stainless steel version.

And I read somewhere about frequent cases ruptures. It will fire even if the bullet is not fully chambered. I think that was the problem. Or it was the loose firing pin in the early models. But I would not trust that chunk of steel for anything. Not personal defense or a good time.

(Montgomery County)

I've always wanted one of these (TEC9 DC9 AB10) or even something similar like an AA arms AP9. If I could find one cheap enough, I'd jump on it. I know they have a reputation of being crap, I just like stuff thats a little different. I'd probably even pick up one with a broken grip frame, just to study the simple goodness.

(Bucks County)

like i said i dont shoot it all the time .but i do hit the target nothing great but i do .no jamming as of yet .and i know that a stock or a laser wont make it better but like it has been said i too like diffrent things .so that why i bought it .

(Philadelphia County)

...You'd pay for a $200 stamp to put a stock on a $200 gun?

I think you'd be the first to do so with an AB-10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast