Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Star BM-9

(Cumberland County)

Default Star BM-9

I've always liked the style and looks of the Star BM-9. I have found one that is in great shape at a decent price and was wondering if anyone owns one and your thoughts ? I've heard mainly good things about them, but just curious.

Default Re: Star BM-9

I have owned one for a few years, and used it as my primary concealed carry . I love the balance of it, and it just "fits" and "feels" right.
    I put hundreds of rounds through it, and finally broke the barrel link. But was able to fit a 1911 link on it. Took a bit of work, but it works, and works well.
    Good luck on finding spare mags though.
    I carried a Star Super in .38super until I got the 9mm. The 9mm is a tad more balanced and compact.
    Keep in mind that the Star can fire if the hammer is down on a live round and is dropped on the hammer, even if the safety is "on". The only safe way to carry with round chambered is "cocked and locked".
    'Great guns. I love Stars

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Star BM-9

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Man View Post
    I have owned one for a few years, and used it as my primary concealed carry . I love the balance of it, and it just "fits" and "feels" right.
    I put hundreds of rounds through it, and finally broke the barrel link. But was able to fit a 1911 link on it. Took a bit of work, but it works, and works well.
    Good luck on finding spare mags though.
    I carried a Star Super in .38super until I got the 9mm. The 9mm is a tad more balanced and compact.
    Keep in mind that the Star can fire if the hammer is down on a live round and is dropped on the hammer, even if the safety is "on". The only safe way to carry with round chambered is "cocked and locked".
    'Great guns. I love Stars
    Great info., thanks - especially about the ability of it to fire even with safety on if dropped with live round, never would have thought that !