Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Why does archery season stop again?

The old rule was "It stops because the deer need time to rest"

now bear season starts the Monday after archery ends, rifle for bear starts the Monday before deer season.... so maybe I missed it? Is this just another one of the stupid legacy rules?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why does archery season stop again?

Makes as much sense as no sunday hunting.

(Monroe County)

The same reason that the weather has to be crap on the last two days I can get into the woods.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

My guess would be safety. here is why, IIRC you can be in cammo during archery season. However during rifle/shotgun season you must wear orange. Again only a guess but I feel it is to protect the hunters from killing each other. I have a friend who was in orange when another hunter shot him. He lived but is now in a wheel chair for life!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    The old rule was "It stops because the deer need time to rest"

now bear season starts the Monday after archery ends, rifle for bear starts the Monday before deer season.... so maybe I missed it? Is this just another one of the stupid legacy rules?
    Same reason there is no Sunday hunting and that when Deer comes in you cant small game hunt..being from NY originally im STILL(19 years later) trying to figure out all the rules...you guys finally got deer season mostly right without all that foolish doe and buck seasons lol. But I actually never used to even bother getting my PA license I just paid a bit more got my NY license and hunted TWICE as much Saturday AND Sunday!

Plus if I was in NY and already had my limit i could still go Pheasant,Grouse,Squirrel,Rabbit hunting because small game does NOT close just because Deer is in!......Plus Deer opens the week BEFORE Thanksgiving and ends about the week before Christmas I believe(some stuff like archery and muzzle loader stays open different times)

Oh and PPPS: Best thing is no stupid zones for deer hunting in NYS...you get a License ANYWHERE in NYS and you can hunt ANYWHERE in NYS with it not just certain places/zones lol...

Only reason I even buy a PA license anymore is to small game hunt and for Woodchuck hunting..I do ALL my big game hunting in NYS..I dont think ive deer hunted in PA in15+ years now but hunted Sat AND Sun in NY for the last 20+
    Last edited by CBennett; November 11th, 2011 at 09:42 AM.

Makes about as much sense as most other game laws.
    All I hear is the PGC complaining about the dwindling numbers of hunters, yet their primary response is to make it hard for the few that are left to find time to hunt. Yeah I know they have added more opportunities, but those opportunities are still wrapped up in the same time frames. All this talk about Sunday hunting, when the PGC could start rifle season on a Saturday and get three Saturday's to hunt instead of just two. That's something they could do now, but that would be too easy.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

All this talk about Sunday hunting, when the PGC could start rifle season on a Saturday and get three Saturday's to hunt instead of just two.
    Or even the Friday after Thanksgiving. A lot of folk have that day off as well.
    The Lord Bless You