Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Front page Erie Times another shot dead/ pepper spray

I have never in my 34 years alive felt the need to carry before this year. Maybe it's my "coming of age" or my responsibility of my family but I just can't get past all the violence thats been happening in our area over the last year. Reading the post about Home Depot and all the shootings has promted my to obtain my LTCF.

With Xmas around the corner, I'm nervous about my wife shopping and going "out" with friends for night time gatherings downtown. She will not carry and I can't be with her all the time. I think a can of pepper spray is needed for her. Any brand or style better than others.

I don't think it will get any better anytime soon either.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Front page Erie Times another shot dead/ pepper spray

I agree 1000% and have the same concerns. If I understand it correctly Sabre is an upstanding brand with a good LE following. I am by no means an authority on the subject but I am sure that a business like Bob's or Woody's would be able to better inform you. I think they even make them in pink!

this is the one im giving to my daughter and girlfriend as gifts for christmas.

http://shopruger.com/RHB001-Ultra-Pe...uctinfo/17007/
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post

Maybe you should give that one early, shopping season is here!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Venango County)

Buy more than one. One to use, one to practice / experiment with the operation. One should be used to a casual, incidental dose so one does not freak out if one gets a backwards breeze etc.

Practice during a calm day in the boonies and outside...that way you control as many conditions as possible and don't interfere with anyone else.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Venango County)

And just remember, there is a small percentage of people, who doesn't get bothered by that.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Northampton County)

Wink Re: Front page Erie Times another shot dead/ pepper spray

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Buy more than one. One to use, one to practice / experiment with the operation. One should be used to a casual, incidental dose so one does not freak out if one gets a backwards breez

Practice during a calm day in the boonies and outside...that way you control as many conditions as possible and don't interfere with anyone else.
    Excellent advice, some would argue this is common sense; most consumers buy these products and casually store them in pockets or purses, and when it is needed for defense they haven’t a clue on how to properly deploy and use to survive an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    And just remember, there is a small percentage of people, who doesn't get bothered by that.
    One would have to assume at least I do, that most felons have had some exposer to a chemical defense, and most have developed a tolerance to these chemicals. IMO in every attack you should respond as if your life depended on it. I maximize the tools at my disposal to defend against such attacks and my choice will always be my Glock.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    Excellent advice, some would argue this is common sense; most consumers buy these products and casually store them in pockets or purses, and when it is needed for defense they haven’t a clue on how to properly deploy and use to survive an attack.

One would have to assume at least I do, that most felons have had some exposer to a chemical defense, and most have developed a tolerance to these chemicals. IMO in every attack you should respond as if your life depended on it. I maximize the tools at my disposal to defend against such attacks and my choice will always be my Glock.
    It isn't even a tolerence. Some people are just not affected by it. I have always heard (but don't know if it is true) that roughly 5% of people are not affected by in. And, my brother went to the academy with someone who was in that percentile.

They sprayed everyone down, and made them run. Everyone else was caughing, and having a hard time even breathing. One guy was fine. Even sprayed him a few more times for good measure. Didn't so much as cause him to twitch.

Is OC spray good? Yes of course. But I feel better knowing that there are few people who are immune to a .45.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post

in a perfect world i would have them carry guns but i cant force it upon them. my daughter now has the kimber that shoots two blast at 90mph. what i liked about the ruger is the siren and the light that it uses as well as the spray and it deploys really fast from the holster
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post

I have teh delux one, with the original (non ruger) branding, from Tornado Defense Systems. Ditch the lanyard, they know it is useless (its for easy of morbidly obese people to carry) and tug on the clip a few times, as i snapped mine 3 minutes into wearing it. (they replaced it for free)

I plan on getting a few more for other people this holiday season.

Oh, tehy also make a training cartridge refil, I got squirted with one at the NRA show.
    Last edited by Azzy; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast