Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Northampton County Newjack

Hello everyone.

Just joined the forums. I live up in the Slate Belt. I've been toying with getting LTCF for awhile now; however, I'm actually going to do it since my wife is pregnant, and the primal instinct of protection and self-defense is kicking in.

I will be going down to the Courthouse in 2 weeks to apply for my LTCF. I'm looking to purchase a Glock 23; out of the handguns I've handled, I liked that one the best.

A few questions:

1. Where's the best place for me to purchase a new one?
    2. I would like to take some NRA classes on safety and such. Where can I go to find information about that?

Thank you for your help.

Be safe.
    Stupid people are my job security.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Northampton County Newjack

Welcome to the PAFOA. At the northampton county website you can go to forms and applications on the main page and print out your application it will save you time when you go to the courthouse. Plan on waiting 3 weeks to get your license in the mail.

Heritage Guild is the newest gunshop and range in the area it is located at 50 Hilton Street in southside Easton. They have a range, a good size showroom of guns but not too many Glocks yet I stopped in a few days ago. They have a large selection of rental guns. It is definitely not the cheapest place to shoot at $20.00 per hour but you can buy a package. They also have a newsletter and they do offer classes. It is worth a look.

Congratulations on the baby and the LTCF.

(Northampton County)

Best place that i know of to purchase new would be out in Hamburg at Cabela's, There also is Army/Navy on Grape Street in whitehall that has a decent selection, and then also Boyers Hardware in Palmerton that can get you just about anything.

Shooting.... I live in Northampton, and not that it will help you much, but I have always been satisfied with The Firing Line.

Welcome to the Forum, nice to have you.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Northampton County)

Depends on where you live in the Slate Belt, but you could definitely find some places to shoot after searching on the internet, but some places require you to be sponsored. Despite the mixed reputation as of late, Easton Fish and Game is a decent place to go shoot.

As far as purchasing goes, I have bought at Army/Navy in Whitehall and it's ... okay. They have a good selection and you can paw at what you like, but it's a little rigid and they're sometimes quite busy. Never had any issues, though.

There's also Boyer's Hardware (it's in Slatington, not Palmerton) which is a pretty decent place. They're patient and knowledgeable, and will order whatever you like. Firing Line is a good place to start, it's on 145 just north of the mall corridor, up on the hill on the left if you're headed north above 329. There's also Heritage Guild in Easton, just off of the 611 exit from I78.

Welcome to the PAFOA!

(Northampton County)

I usually get my guns from A. F. Boyer Hardware & Guns, 130 Main ST, Slatington, PA 1808, (610) 767-3575; Mon., Tues., Thurs. 8 - 5:30, Wed 8-12, Fri 8-8, Sat 8-5. As for training, check out Gunskills. Bob offers the NRA Basic Pistol class, he is a retired school teacher, has been into firearms for over 50 years and is a member of Mensa.

(Northampton County)

Went this past Tuesday to apply for my LTCF. It was pretty painless, friendly service.

Now to hurry up and wait.

(Northampton County)

+ 1 for AF Boyers. I would shop there before Army/Navy any day.
    Certified Glock Armorer; Member GSSF, NRA

(Northampton County)

Got my LTCF in the mail this past Saturday. A good way to end the day after looking at 7 houses and not having any luck.

Now to purchase a firearm.....

(Lehigh County)

I'll +1 Boyer's in Slatington.

It's worth the trip up there. Nice people, laid back, they get busy, but keep things moving.

They do transfers for $25 (If I remember correctly) so if you can find a good deal online, you can have it shipped to them -- always a plus.

Good choice on the G23. I recommend you invest in a good holster. If you're thinking IWB, I have the Crossbreed Supertuck - and it's a really, really comfortable holster for the G23. On the pricier side of things, but it's worth it. (I think the Galco Kingtuck is roughly the same holster so that'd be another option).

(Northampton County)

Welcome fellow slate belter...
    A few choices for purchaces...
    The furniture/gun shop at the end of 512 ..intersection with 611..in Mt bethel
    How about Meyers in Point philips.
    Of course theres boyers...id call first..
    American sport shooting over the mountain in Monroe county..
    Just a few..I have a S&W 9mm M and P compact with 5 mags and a Fobus iwb if interested..
    Happy new year..