Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Open carry story @ Ron Paul Rally

from http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=97885

which was a repost from http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/7603.html

"Baton Rouge, Louisiana January 21
    We arrived early to hear Dr. Ron Paul speak today at the Bellmont's Great Hall. Yes, I was openly carrying, as I have done daily for appx. 10 years. The owner of the facility personally greeted me and inquired about the open carry issue. Once she was satisfied, we continued to wait for Dr. Paul's arrival along with quite a strong showing of Baton Rougeans. Due to the standing room only crowd, we stood alongside the wall and stayed there the entire event. Dr. Paul's reception was quite vocal, except for the two Mitt Romney supporters who stood quietly holding their signs. Halfway through the speech, I was asked to step outside into the lobby, where an East Baton Rouge deputy politely stated, and I quote, "you have every right to carry a gun, but Dr. Paul asked that you put it in the car until the event is over." Rather a strange request by someone who purports to support the second amendment. Instead of hiking to the back forty, I unholstered, unloaded and handed it to the deputy, told him that HE could hang onto it, I'll get it afterwards. Upon completion of Dr. Paul's presentation, I approached the same deputy who stood guarding Dr. Paul. There, within 10 feet of a presidential candidate, in plain view of the media and the appx. thousand folks standing in line to shake his hand, I was given my . 357 which I proceeded to reload. Afterwards, Dr. Paul turned and shook my hand while the greeting line waited. Dr. Paul's security chief apologized for the incident."

Nice!

Not me - just saw this elsewhere. Can you imagine *any* other candidate handling OC this way?

Default Re: Open carry story @ Ron Paul Rally

Quote Originally Posted by QuincyTwpConstable View Post
    Not me - just saw this elsewhere. Can you imagine *any* other candidate handling OC this way?

Very cool indeed. Kudos to all those involved for remaining calm and open minded.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Perry County)

Nice!

I bet it wasn't even Paul that requested him to remove his sidearm. Probably one of his nervous secruity guys.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Penguini66 View Post
    Nice!

I bet it wasn't even Paul that requested him to remove his sidearm. Probably one of his nervous secruity guys.
    Most likely

(Delaware County)

I never would have handed over my firearm to anyone and say that I'll get it back later. I would have just left.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I never would have handed over my firearm to anyone and say that I'll get it back later. I would have just left.
    Maybe the gave him a rcpt...?

(Berks County)

I also believe that it was security that made the request and I fully support that request. I don't want some crackpot shooting the one man that may be able to save this country either! I am also amazed that Dr. Paul would have no problem standing so close to a citizen with a firearm that he didn't personally know. My respect continues to grow for Ron Paul.

If this happened at a Clinton meeting 1/3 of the state would be on lockdown and they would be frisking the todlers against the wall!

(Dauphin County)

+1 on the security detail most likely requesting this. i don't believe i would have given up my weapon and would have stated that the sheriff was more than welcome to stand next to me as long as he felt was needed...

but then again, if it was any other candidate you can bet you would have been knocked to the ground arrested and then released after a bunch of BS and harassment .

(Philadelphia County)

Doubt it was Dr. Paul considering the number of people he was exposed to openly carrying in NH. It's a way of life there.