Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Funny thoughts while waiting for LTCF

I can think of no possible reason to be denied a LTCF. I've never been arrested, charged or convicted of any crimes except for a traffic violation (non DUI).

Even so, the whole time I've been waiting for the LTCF to arrive in the mail my mind has come up with every possible excuse the state could think of to deny me.

It arrived this weekend as I thought it would, but why all the negative thoughts?

(York County)

Default Re: Funny thoughts while waiting for LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by ckarotka View Post
    I can think of no possible reason to be denied a LTCF. I've never been arrested, charged or convicted of any crimes except for a traffic violation (non DUI).

Even so, the whole time I've been waiting for the LTCF to arrive in the mail my mind has come up with every possible excuse the state could think of to deny me.

It arrived this weekend as I thought it would, but why all the negative thoughts?

Those with an anti-gun agenda have been hard at their smear campaign for decades. We have been led to believe that only the precious few elite should be permitted the privilege to carry a gun.

After all, the mere thought that "to bear arms" is a right is preposterous and laughable. Just ask them.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Erie County)

why all the negative thoughts?
    Human nature! We always expect the worse.
    Sheriff Merski is pro 2A, as are his deputy's.
    I had a nice conversation with his deputy when I got mine.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Lehigh County)

That was a cool feeling when you received an envelope in the mail and if you felt around it you could make out a card-shaped object Especially after a long wait.

(Allegheny County)

my mind has come up with every possible excuse the state could think of to deny me.

why all the negative thoughts?
    "unconsciousness" Is the term, the cure is found in the book "The Power of Now " by Eckhart Tolle. If you decide to read it, you'll see he has the insane human mind figured out. I'll give you a warning though if your a Christian, (I am and still found parts of this book extremely useful) his take on scripture is way off as well as some of the other beliefs he holds that are contrary to Christianity. I rate the book at 5 stars.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Berks County)

My .02, Its called being honest, criminals don't think about the consequences of breaking the law intentionally so they'll never even consider the possibility of accidentally doing so.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Talking Re: Funny thoughts while waiting for LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    My .02, Its called being honest, criminals don't think about the consequences of breaking the law intentionally so they'll never even consider the possibility of accidentally doing so.

Truth! I would never put myself in a "situation" intentionaly and I do my homework to eliminate the accidental. My 1911 has been cleaned and given a thumbs up by my gunsmith. So tomorrow I pick her up and start with some handling skills (empty of course). It's used and used somewhat hard so I wanted a second opinion and a good cleaning first. Maybe Santa will bring some 45 acp and put it in my stocking!!