Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Conceal carry permits for PA

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Just wondering what actions if any are taken by those that constantly post to fight a local sheriff. The state has procedures for issuing an LTCF. The state should be taking action against sheriff's not following the procedures.

Are those posting to fight a sheriff stepping up and fighting it at the state level like they want the locals to do at the local level? This is clearly a problem accross the state and not just with one sheriff. It's not my sheriff/county is not an excuss.
    Notice that the constitution delegated power to sheriffs BY COUNTY. That is a local delegation for which the legislature provided the power to issue and revoke licenses. It is the same for our prosecutors, the constitution, by the will of the people themselves, set out county district attorneys. The unlawful acts of the sheriffs really do occur altogether in the same county as the DA. Therefore, the only people really equipped to fight this are locals and non-residents.

The AG is an office of limited powers largely set out by statute. If the AG does not have an allocation of power to meddle in these things, he cannot. Otherwise, the only way I can remember off hand for the AG to act is to convene a multi-county investigatory grand jury. Otherwise, whether it is a criminal complaint or convening a single county grand jury, one has to start by going through the DA's office. Why isn't anyone willing to follow this procedure to access the AG? I don't know.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Conceal carry permits for PA

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP1911 View Post
    I am also a Connecticut Homeowner and Resident, and visit Pennsylvania several times a year. I applied in person in Wilkes Barre this past August and received my Pennsylvania Non Resident License in 15 minutes. Just download the form, and ( like I did) get a money order from a local PA bank. I used two references form Ct and had no problems at all.
    Good to know. How did you feel about asking the references? What was their response?

Also, do you get nervous when traveling through NY and NJ? I called each States AE's office and asked the representative if they honor the federal law on driving through and each said yes. Although, the NY office said that if you have an issue tell the Trooper to call the office. That didn't give me confidence.
    Last edited by RCS; November 15th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Cool Re: Conceal carry permits for PA

RCS, The person who processed my application never called my references. A quick glance to make sure the form was filled out correctly, one phone call to verify my application ( background check ), and my permit was issued. The form I downloaded here @ PAFOA is used for PA residents or out of state applicants. I didn't have a problem asking as my refs are good friends who know I am a responsible citizen who enjoys firearms, and have taken them shooting a few times. As for travelling to PA, I'm close to the NY border, so I lock my pistol / rifle in a case unloaded and also lock my ammo and mags in a seperate case. No problems travelling to or in PA as I use the same common sence I do in my home state of CT.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345