Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Conceal carry permits for PA

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Yes, in this situation, I believe it could be done that way.

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
    i like this

(Monroe County)

Monroe County does send out a "questionaire" and will deny if the reference does not reply to them within the 45 days. I got mine on the 45th day because i had someone go in to the court house and fill it out on the spot the day before. I realize that it is not right, just like them asking for local taxes to prove residency(a DL isn't good enough).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    I have an email into the County Sheriff describing my situation and asking if in practice he recognizes the Utah State permit. Ideally, I'd like to only have to get the Utah Permit so I can have reciprocity for OH and PA. However, since I do spend a good amount of time in PA, I don't want any hassle with the local law enforcement. As an example, on the Monroe Sheriff's website it mentions reciprocity with many States but not Utah. So, he and other PA LEO's may not recognize Utah reciprocity. See where I'm going here?
    the page does have a link to the atty general website for updates which are here:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

this does say the PA has reciprocity with Utah

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by xtcjpr13 View Post
    the page does have a link to the atty general website for updates which are here:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

this does say the PA has reciprocity with Utah
    Yes, the page on the Attorney General PA website does say that there is statutory reciprocity with Utah. Up in the Poconos, I'm not sure all of the LEO's may be up to speed with what the website says. What if I run into a LEO that just doesn't like conceal carry for whatever reason and insists that I have a PA permit?

Of course, I could always carry with me a printout.

I guess I'm talking myself into the fact that I may need a PA permit to avoid any potential hassles in PA.

(Jefferson County)

Yes, the page on the Attorney General PA website does say that there is statutory reciprocity with Utah. Up in the Poconos, I'm not sure all of the LEO's may be up to speed with what the website says. What if I run into a LEO that just doesn't like conceal carry for whatever reason and insists that I have a PA permit?

I guess I'm talking myself into the fact that I may need a PA permit to avoid any potential hassles in PA.
    I wouldn't worry about it.. Just have a copy of the printout in your glovebox.

I've carried in PA on a FL license, in NC on a FL and PA license, in WV and VA on FL and PA licenses, in FL on a PA license.. Not once has a LEO given me grief about reciprocal coverage. The most a LEO did in any of the encounters was to radio back to verify. The rest knew they were honored.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

if you are carrying concealed, how would the LEO even know you are carrying? If you are not doing anything wrong, you do not "need" to inform. If you are in the situation that you need to inform, you would be in the right with a Utah permit and it doesn't matter if the LEO likes CC or not. I am in the Poconos and have yet to have any encounters with any LEO's(and hope to keep it that way) while OC or CC. I have been around them and never even got a second look.

I think you are worrying about it too much. If you want Ohio as well, I would get the Utah permit and be done with it!

(Dauphin County)

If you are a resident of CT, have a CT license/permit, and don't want to do anything to help PA have good government, just drive 120 miles west to Centre County and apply in person with Denny Nau's office. Problem solved.

(Pike County)

Bucks Co's sheriff is also friend of 2Am and likely to issue a license in question without any hassles.
    Je suis déplorable

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by xtcjpr13 View Post
    if you are carrying concealed, how would the LEO even know you are carrying? If you are not doing anything wrong, you do not "need" to inform. If you are in the situation that you need to inform, you would be in the right with a Utah permit and it doesn't matter if the LEO likes CC or not. I am in the Poconos and have yet to have any encounters with any LEO's(and hope to keep it that way) while OC or CC. I have been around them and never even got a second look.

I think you are worrying about it too much. If you want Ohio as well, I would get the Utah permit and be done with it!
    I do worry about it only because I've been a law abiding Citizen for 52 years and my employment depends on it. At the same time, there have been so many foreclosures in Tobyhanna - including the house next to mine - and reports that gangs have been working in the area a few miles from my house - Bloods, Crypts, and Latin Kings. I only want to be able to protect my family mostly while we are at home yet don't want to run into trouble with law enforcement at all on my way to/from the house.

(Monroe County)

with a Utah permit, you will continue to be a law abiding citizen... If you want to add a non resident PA permit as well, there is nothing wrong with that, but like some others have said I would use a different county. (unless you want to jump through the hoops or fight for what it right in Monroe)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast