Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Interviened in a domestic last night

So I was coming home from work when I see this guy choking this girl on the side of the road off of Golf Drive and Rt 447. So I immediattley turn around and put my hand on my gun and pull up to them and initiate a conversation.

Me: Everything ok?
    Guy: Were fine
    So then I wait a few seconds waiting for the girl to tell him what was going on.
    Girl: Yea we are ok
    So then Im a little hesitant as to whether I should kick this guys ass or not but I figured if the girl is gunna cover up for the guy then its only going to end badly with me possibly getting arrested or having to fight both of them off. So then I leave and I called the control center and told them to send a officer out there to investigate. Then later on I got a call from one of the officers who Im friends with and he said that they must of taken off. I hope I at least scared the guy enough so that he stopped hurting her. Its a shame that girl didnt cry for help or anything like that instead she just took it. I was thinking I should of done more but I knew it wouldnt of done any good.

Default Re: Interviened in a domestic last night

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    So I was coming home from work when I see this guy choking this girl on the side of the road off of Golf Drive and Rt 447. So I immediattley turn around and put my hand on my gun and pull up to them and initiate a conversation.

Me: Everything ok?
    Guy: Were fine
    So then I wait a few seconds waiting for the girl to tell him what was going on.
    Girl: Yea we are ok
    So then Im a little hesitant as to whether I should kick this guys ass or not but I figured if the girl is gunna cover up for the guy then its only going to end badly with me possibly getting arrested or having to fight both of them off. So then I leave and I called the control center and told them to send a officer out there to investigate. Then later on I got a call from one of the officers who Im friends with and he said that they must of taken off. I hope I at least scared the guy enough so that he stopped hurting her. Its a shame that girl didnt cry for help or anything like that instead she just took it. I was thinking I should of done more but I knew it wouldnt of done any good.
    Tricky situation! I think you handled it as best as one could. You made sure that no one was 'visibly' in distress, and there was not much more you could do beyond that without possibly stepping into really thick doggy doo. You can't legally punish people, only defend others who seem to be in danger. Hopefully, this was just some type of isolated occurrence (however doubtful that might be), and not something more nefarious going on.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; November 4th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.

(Lawrence County)

As far as I know, you did all you legally could do. I'm not a lawyer, mind you, so take that with a grain of salt. Anything more on your part, however, would likely end up becoming assault. He stopped hurting her, she didn't seem like she would say anything, and you called the police to investigate further. Better yet, you didn't have to physically intervene.

You all you could, and you did well.

You should have stayed out of a lovers quarrel. It's amazing how fast a girl, who is getting her ass whooped, will come to the aid of her abuser boyfriend/husband when someone steps in. You on the side of the road confronting two people who will just as easily turn against you as they did one another, it's not the best play for you. It becomes the word of the two of them verses the word of the guy with the gun. Whats to stop them from claiming you tried to rob them at gunpoint?

The smarter play would have been to stop 100 yards from them, call 911, and wait in your vehicle. You have to protect yourself and your interests first, you have nothing to gain or lose by staying out of their mess.

" Its a shame that girl didnt cry for help or anything like that "

its a shame for who?

the would be victim? the lame ass who loves losers and abuse? the hero to be, cheated?

should have done the 911 thing from the get go. u disrupted the situation and the victim lost any chance at an out.

dude feels punkd , wants to fight, girl supports her man. if you shoot the dude you lose. the dude owns you , you lose.

girl sees cop and feels safe, not threatened. girl has strength to defend herself with cop present.

no good can come of your interference. you lose either way.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Allegheny County)

Although it's impossible to know how things "could have gone", it seems like the OP was reasonable in his approach. I don't see where he was in danger of being "reported" for having a gun since he didn't state that he displayed it, or even left his car for that matter.

He may have saved her a beating, but likely just delayed it until later on through no fault of his own.

Quick! There's a girl being choked over there!
    Is she someone with low self-esteem that will never leave "her man", or is she someone's daughter about to be raped by her date?

Yeah, better stay out of it - none of your business...

Just sayin'.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Pike County)

Wow, just like that in broad daylight where everyone can see? I just don't understand women, they just love guys who are abusive or a total waste of space. I guess it's just one of those mysteries of life I will never understand.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Wow, just like that in broad daylight where everyone can see? I just don't understand women, they just love guys who are abusive or a total waste of space. I guess it's just one of those mysteries of life I will never understand.
    No dude this was at like 11:30 at night but still anybody who drove by could of seen it.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    No dude this was at like 11:30 at night but still anybody who drove by could of seen it.
    Oh well still on a road way, damn.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

OP, you did well. Ignore the ramblings of those who lack the constitution to intervene in the correct and legal manner.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast