Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Custom Full Auto submachine gun question

Quote Originally Posted by HSR47 View Post
    He is almost certainly referring to demo letters.
    Read Azzys' post again,
    No mention of being a FFL/SOT to get demo letters.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bowanna View Post
    Read Azzys' post again,
    No mention of being a FFL/SOT to get demo letters.
    He said post 1986. How else ya gonna do that?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    With a hacksaw blade and a file?

Oh, you meant *without* getting sent upriver by the government...

Default Full Auto submachine-gun

Might consider the Stoner / AR- types. You can get sent up the river, broke, using an old credit card. Or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by HSR47 View Post
    With a hacksaw blade and a file?

Oh, you meant *without* getting sent upriver by the government...
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

(Dauphin County)

gray_fox_forever,

Whether you purchase a registered receiver, a drop in auto sear (DIAS) for an AR 15, a registered bolt for an Uzi, etc, the item must have been registered with the BATF prior to May of 1986.

To help gain a better perspective of items subject to the National Firearms Act (NFA), I would suggest that you start with The Machine Gun Buyers Guide. It’s available from several sources. One source is listed here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/948...rank-iannamico

I also suggest that you take a look at the Uzitalk forum:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/

There’s a wealth of knowledge resident there in reference to many types of NFA weapons besides the Uzi . I would suggest you start here:

http://files.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/legal.htm

Bear in mind that ownership of machine guns and other NFA items can be subject to state law (and sometimes municipal ordinances) as well as federal law.

Every NFA firearm will have either a bolt, selector switch, receiver, or some part depending upon the type of firearm which is deemed to be the “registered” item that is controlled by BATF. You cannot just buy the parts separately and piece them together into an automatic or select fire weapon; legally, anyway.

Hope this helps.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    GWB managed to get a fully activated Glock 18 imported from Iraq, and still has it after he was CIC.

None of us could do that. There is also the whole demo thing that you could get away with as a SOT holder, but isnt for most of us. Yes, you can save your money and get one.

Or move to Mexico and start running drugs, I hear the ATF has a delivery service

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_fox_forever View Post
    First off, let me apalogize on my spelling and grammer...at work and trying to type fast :P
    I dont care about the cash part. Im not rich, but i sure can save.... So any full auto machinegun 1986 or older is allowed to be owned and transfered to me? But if i have a newer gun, i can put an old full auto sear into it to make it full auto? I am right in assuming i am NOT allowed to modify that sear to fit other guns?

Since the MP5 subject is a bit pricey, why not say full auto AK47. Those parts are everywhere. Can i custom build one of those, and just get ahold of a registered sear, install that and be good to go?
    I am the kind of person that likes to customize my guns....i dont like cookie cutter guns....

Thanks for the replys so far! :-D
    You can legally buy a registered H&K sear for most H&K host weapons from the MP5 family to the 223 and 308 rifle families (HK53/91 series). The sears are registered in all 3 calibers. There are also registered receivers for the H&K family, but only for that particular weapon. Not nearly as desirable as a sear.
    Yes, you can build your own MP5 from a parts kit and use a registered sear.
    This would be the same as buying a knock off host; Coharie Arms, Special Weapons, Bobcat weapons, except these are already built. Use caution with these.
    You can get MP5 flats and parts kits and build from there.
    Building from a kit would be no different from building a AR-15 and using a Registered-Drop-In-Auto-Sear......except for the amount of work to assemble the MP5. Save yourself the trouble, buy one that already works.

AK47s are 99.9% registered receivers. There are a few sears guns out there, but then there is the gray area of sears being married to the host weapons. I would not touch those with a 10' pole. The ATF likes to change their mind.
    So to answer this question, you legally can not build a full auto AK47.

Registered AKs are about the same price as a HK sear right now, ~$15k.
    HK sear w/host can be found for that price, but they go FAST. So look to ~$18k+ for a sear/host.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(York County)

I know you said you are really into an HK MP5 or AK-47, but allow me to recommend a much cheaper, yet still LEGAL, alternative.

This is the "Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15" bump stock. It replaces a standard AR stock and grip, and allows you to fire at full-auto speeds, at a fraction of the cost of a pre-1986 HK sear.

Think about it......you get a little AR-pistol or carbine, and then throw this on?? Gives you alot of money left over for ammo that's for sure!!! The BATF doesn't know what to do with this yet.....but, it's still legal!! Check out the link below for a short youtube clip from Slide Fire Solutions.

- The Delta Force

http://youtu.be/72USc0hXFcU

(Butler County)

I got Coharie mp5 for under $1000, "use caution"? Dont we all use caution? Anyway mine works great out of the box as a host. Last weekend did a full beta dump and a bunch of other mags without a hiccup on Full auto, thanks to someone that has a sear. Also if the sear is 'married', it stays with that gun! If you like building your own stuff then become a machine gun dealer/manufacturer. Then you can build em, just a little bit more paperwork!Good luck...

(Armstrong County)

Its a little more than just some extra paper work Mike, i know you know this.
    -FFL fees
    -SOT fees
    -ITAR fees
    -zoning if you are running the business from your home
    -brick and mortar building if you are going full bore. then you have inventory, insurance, basic overhead and all the other jazz that goes with it.
    -engaging in the business by selling items and doing transfers. ATF/IRS frowns on tax evasion.

As far as the knock offs, yes use caution. Some people dont. They see it looks like a duck so it must quack like a duck. Yours worked, doesnt mean they all work. Ive seen some Bobcat Weapons that rival the craftsmanship of a Tec-9.
    Someone may spend ~$1k on a host to find it needs tuned/tweeked, new bolt face/bolt machined and or carrier. Now you may be into the price of a HK host that was ready from the start.
    But if one is dropping $15k on a couple ounce piece of steel, this is a drop in the bucket.

To each their own, your mileage may vary, ect ect
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12