Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock mag sale

(Lehigh County)

Default Glock mag sale

Midway USA has the glock mags on sale for 21.99. Also has the 33rd for 31.99.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/Find?status...8&promotionId=

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Glock mag sale

Botach Tactical has Glock mags for $19.95 and free shipping.

The vendor has a lot of mixed reviews. I had never dealt with them before but 4 mags for under $80 delivered is a risk I was willing to take. I got my order in 3 or 4 days without incident. I don't plan to make them a "regular" vendor based on all I've read but I may place some occasional small orders.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Botach Tactical has Glock mags for $19.95 and free shipping.

The vendor has a lot of mixed reviews. I had never dealt with them before but 4 mags for under $80 delivered is a risk I was willing to take. I got my order in 3 or 4 days without incident. I don't plan to make them a "regular" vendor based on all I've read but I may place some occasional small orders.
    Yea I would be careful with Botach, I ordered TFO sights from them and they said they were in stock at the time I ordered. Next day I get an email saying they are out of stock, also stating they will let me know the status in 24-48 hours. No response, but now after just over a week I have shipping conformation. Hope they are the sights I ordered...Rather pay more from midway.

I'm tempted to give Botach a shot because of the price. I've read Botach was shady a few years ago but has cleaned up their act recently. Don't know how true that is. I don't really want Gen4 mags so I may just hold out because I don't know what they have in stock.

CDNN has Glock factory mags for $23.

</Rant on/>

So we have Midway on sale for $21 and CDNN at the regular price of $23 (both of which are reputable) versus a shady vendor (Botach) at $20. Unless you're buying mags by the truckload, why on earth would you try to save a few dollars (literally, if you go with Midway, you're only paying $1 more per mag) by going with the less reputable vendor? (And if you are buying them by the truckload, you can probably get a volume discount as it is.) The extra headaches of dealing with a 'Will I or won't I get my stuff' situation just isn't worth it.

We all want to save money. I want that too. But at some point you have to come to a realization that being too cheap only costs more money in the long run because the stuff you bought either broke or it didn't arrive, and now you have to buy a replacement. Seriously, people, pay up a few extra bucks and sleep well at night. Buy decent stuff the first time from a reputable vendor, and you won't have to spend more later.

</Rant off/>

Pardon the rant, but I've seen too many people trying to be too cheap for their own good lately. Carry on...

The Botach price includes shipping. Usually your looking around $9 or $10 for shipping even if you get one mag.

(Allegheny County)

I ordered from Botach several times and never had a issue.

$19.95 is not bad for a Glock mag I need to get some for my G21sf and G23 they only have two mag each, the G19 has about 8. Might be time to do that.
    I recently found a deal on a Sig checked out how much there 3rd party mags cost $49.99 that canned that deal.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by y0rlik View Post
    But at some point you have to come to a realization that being too cheap only costs more money in the long run because the stuff you bought either broke or it didn't arrive, and now you have to buy a replacement. Seriously, people, pay up a few extra bucks and sleep well at night. Buy decent stuff the first time from a reputable vendor, and you won't have to spend more later.

Decaf. It tastes almost like real coffee.
    Geez man, was I just scolded?

I respect your right to an opinion but I think your rant might be a little misplaced here.
    I bought genuine Glock factory mags. The same exact mags sold by other vendors. And while CDNN is generally my vendor of choice the same four mags would have cost me $102 delivered as opposed to $79.80 delivered from Botach. So I saved $22.20 which is more than 20% (enough to buy one additional mag from Botach).

Paying 20% more may help you to sleep well at night but it gives me agida.

These mags are for one of my handguns.
    Multiply those savings by the total number of guns I own and... well sometimes it's ok to try and save a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I ordered from Botach several times and never had a issue.
    I read enough of these kinds of posts that I felt ok with my order. As I posted, "4 mags for under $80 delivered is a risk I was willing to take"

The mags were not mission critical. If they were backordered or didn't arrive for some reason my life would have continued as normal. There were also a handful of folks on Glocktalk who ordered and reported receiving their mags in 3-4 days (as did I).

So in closing, I guess this was my counter-rant.
    Carry on.