Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I swear, it just followed me home...

So I was in Tanner's today and a funny thing happened. There was a Sig Sauer P226 SCT in .40S&W complete package with the case, manuals, lock, 4 - 15 round magazines and all for $650 in the used case. After going over it with keen attention to detail, paying special attention to the frame rails and barrel wear. It asked me to fill out multiple pieces of paper. Then, to my great surprise, it followed me home.

The frame rails were 96-98% either flat or shiny black, almost no silver showing, and the only tiny 1/4" long strips of silver were right where they were supposed to be. The barrel was clean and looked good, rifling was sharp and distinct with a bright bore.

So, did any of you PAFOA luminaries trade in a P226 SCT in .40 S&W to Tanner's as a complete package? If so, thanks for the gun. Does it have any issues I need to know about? The Sig Sauer factory claims that it has a birthdate of 07/2007. Does anyone know if the SCT models had SRT triggers back then? It doesn't feel like an SRT, it feels like a standard trigger. The grips also don't come down and cover the top of the mag extensions like the SCTs that I've seen do. It has the green fiber front sight like it should.

I plan to do a basic freshen-up to it, with a spring kit and possibly an SRT kit. Its also going to get .357 Sig barrel that it will do almost all its shooting from here on in with.

Can anyone tell me if this thing is authentic? Did SCTs back in 2007 come with standard grips and standard trigger's? I have yet to shoot it, but I suspect that it will shoot very tight groups and have a very smooth action, like every other Sig that I've ever had.

Pics when I get a chance. Perhaps as early as tonight, but more likely tomorrow after I get finished doing a full detail strip and cleaning.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I swear, it just followed me home...

Congratulations on providing a stray with a good home. Unless I've completely lost track of things (which is possible), I can say with near 100% certainty, that's not one of mine. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. That's a great gun at a great price. Enjoy it!
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Lancaster County)

I am pretty sure the SCT's didnt have the SRT trigger.
    The grips I'm not sure about.

The Sig Sauer rep just told me that they did not come with Short Reset Triggers back then and they should have the magwell extensions. I'll have to look again but I'm pretty sure that this one does not have them. As long as the serial numbers on the case and those on the gun match, it just means that someone changed them out for standard grips. If they don't match, there are issues.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    Congratulations on providing a stray with a good home. Unless I've completely lost track of things (which is possible), I can say with near 100% certainty, that's not one of mine. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. That's a great gun at a great price. Enjoy it!
    Lol lol, you're starting to sound like me. "Did I...? Yes, wait no... No, no I didn't, but I probably will."
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Northampton County)

I have a 229 in 9mm from that time period and it didn't come with magwel grips if it has forward cocking sorations its a sct

(Philadelphia County)

So I was in Tanner's today

Stories that begin with this always have a similar ending

There was a Sig Sauer P226 SCT in .40S&W

Very nice grab! Looking forward to the pics.
    I just put the SRT in two of my Sigs. It's going to spoil it for the other guns.

(Lancaster County)

Tell me more about the srt kit. Didnt even know they were available.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Tell me more about the srt kit. Didnt even know they were available.
    Used to be you had to buy the kit from a Sig armorer. Now they're available at Midway and other retail outlets. I'm certainly no armorer but was able to install 2 kits without incident.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread so feel free to PM me or we can dedicate a new thread to the topic.

Thanks for all the positive replies. I really can't wait to get the .357 barrel into this thing and see what she does. I broke it down partially last night, to clean the major parts. It will get a full detail strip and freshening when the parts kit and the locking insert and the take-down lever get here. I really don't like the fiber front sight on this gun. I think it needs to have more of the sides of the fiber post exposed to light to make the thing light up right. I think I'm going for a set of Trijicon Hard Duty night sights for this thing. An SRT kit is definitely in this things future.

I know a guy who also has an older model SCT and his gun doesn't have the Mag-well grips either. The SN on the case matches the one on the gun, so I'm pretty sure its original. Anyway, here she is. Enjoy.

Last edited by SCBaldr; November 4th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast