Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: OC Event Crash-and-Burn

It boggles my mind that people don't get the relationship between GAME lands and hunting. Do they think it's a sanctuary reserved for backgammon and chess?

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: OC Event Crash-and-Burn

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Isn't that always the way, with the "tolerant" left? "How dare you hold views WE don't approve of?"

Of course.

Liberals like to preach tolerance.

Of THEIR views.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Sorry to offend you, but you've already been set straight on the origins of the Game lands, now let me give three examples of why I feel this way, and it has nothing to do about feelings, but safety, and preservation.

[SNIP]

Now since they insist on treating it like it's THEIR private domain, contributing nothing to the upkeep and maintenance, and ignoring the posted rules, why shouldn't I have the right to feel how I do??
    Yup, I was wrong about the source of the State Game Lands, and admitted it. The people you describe sound ignorant and rude. Which is not a reason to keep them out of State Game Lands as such, although I understand why you don't care for their unappreciative attitude. It is of course your right to feel as you do, however you do.

Now about those ammo fees, in your ideal world would I be allowed to step onto the Game Lands without a hunting license since I've paid those excise fees on quite a few rounds of ammo, even though I've never hunted?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Yup, I was wrong about the source of the State Game Lands, and admitted it. The people you describe sound ignorant and rude. Which is not a reason to keep them out of State Game Lands as such, although I understand why you don't care for their unappreciative attitude. It is of course your right to feel as you do, however you do.

Now about those ammo fees, in your ideal world would I be allowed to step onto the Game Lands without a hunting license since I've paid those excise fees on quite a few rounds of ammo, even though I've never hunted?
    It really isn't my ideal world, you see in my idea world, I wouldn't need permission to shoot the king's deer. We would have no need of Game Lands because the whole of the state would be open for hunting, and we wouldn't need fear unlawful regulation of our firearms.

You may have noticed recently due to damage at game lands ranges, you are now required to have either a hunting license, or a use permit. If continued 'accidents', 'incidents' and other conflicts with the non-hunting pubic continue, that may be the case for the future, and it's all because of the type of people in your first post, and in my post previous to this.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Maybe the antis are upset since its at Brady's run, and all they can think of is Jim Brady and the BS ( which said antis believes as gospel truth) spewed by his wife.

Anyway, I don't care what the ignorant think, wether they are granola munchers or not. I just wish I could wander in the wilder areas armed here in MD.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lackawanna County)

AFAIK, there already is a NATIONAL armed hiker's club; I'm pretty sure that it's called the US Army Infantry.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Berks County)

The FAET (Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax) is a Federal tax, not state. As it is you or anyone CAN go on Game Land, the rules and time periods just need to be followed.

Unfortunately, there have been many folks attacking the Game Comm. with demands for use in the last few years, as well as people interfering with hunting. That being the case, many people (me included) do get short tempered on the subject, I apologize if it seems I came on to strong...no offence intended.

The PA Game Comm. has its faults, but overall I think it does a pretty good job.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Any how OP I hike armed and thats about that.
    +1

I'm also confident enough and don't need any kind of support group
    Je suis déplorable

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    twency: Now about those ammo fees, in your ideal world would I be allowed to step onto the Game Lands without a hunting license since I've paid those excise fees on quite a few rounds of ammo, even though I've never hunted?
    The FAET (Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax) is a Federal tax, not state.
    I was referring to this statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    It is my understanding NO general funds go to the Game Commision, it is its own entity surviving on License fees, fines and the excise taxes generated that fund the USFWS and apportions out to individual states.
    I thought this was referring to the FAET (which I've paid in the past on several firearms and in this and past years on many rounds of ammo). Are we talking about different federal excise taxes?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Washington County)

You know, the admin of the site could have had the round ones to infract and pull the inflammatory posts. If it was mine, I would have told them to chill out and act like an adult, and if they dont like the movie at that theatre, head to the next one.

If it still continued, well, they can take their ball home and play with themselves in whatever progressive way they wish.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast