Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Matching Pistols

So, who has ever purchased matching( smae brand, make , model , caliber, style, etc) pistols and why did you buy them? Were you able to get a "group discount"?

Default Re: Matching Pistols

Got matching PT 1911's (4 total), 24/7 Pro's, 24/7 OSS DS's, and 24/7 G2's. Honestly, I am a movie buff, and matching guns look better than two different one's. The main reason is I want a back up for the exact purpose of why I shoot them. I got the Taurus guns because they are inexpensive and they are speed shooting freaks of nature. Even the long slide OSS DS is a faster cycling pistol than a 1911. Lifetime warranty to boot. I have yet to have to send any of these pistols in to be worked on. I would love to have a matching set of PT 92's, but one will have to do for now.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Erie County)

I've got a matching pair, with consecutive serial numbers, of Ruger New Vaquero's, 5 1/2" barrels, .357 Magnum, for Cowboy Action Shooting.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
    United States Constitution - 2nd Amendment

(Montgomery County)

While not the same finish and age, Browning High Powers keep breeding in my safe.

would not mind having a another 686 or 586 to match my 686 S&W. Also I wouldn't mind having another 24/7 Pro DS LS in 40 cal its proven to be a good gun. I'm surprised 300WM invested in so many bargain deal guns as high on the hog as he usually feed. Taurus is making a name for itself and I agree.

Browning High Powers are they reasonably priced? I know if you have to ask ...
    Last edited by Neko456; November 2nd, 2011 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiski Cowboy View Post
    I've got a matching pair, with consecutive serial numbers, of Ruger New Vaquero's, 5 1/2" barrels, .357 Magnum, for Cowboy Action Shooting.

My gun club, Ickesburg Spoortsmans Assn., has a nice Cowboy Action shooting setup and I practice on it with my 1911 (With lead bullets, of course), when I get a chance. My wife tried it & loved it, so she asked me why I didn't get involved in SASS. I told her, "Hell you complain when I buy a gun or reloading supplies. Those guys shoot so much, they actually wear guns out."
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Mercer County)

When Colt first offered the Delta Elite I bought a pair of Deltas, pair of G29, pair of Kimber 10's, pair of 1006 Smiths. I have yet to get consecutive serial numbers.

My carry firearms have been 10mm for a lot of years & I like to have a spare if one breaks or has to go on vacation to the factory or gunsmiths. On rare occasions I have carried the twin as a back up.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Berks County)

cause two old ladies are better than one.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

S&W Model 19;s in 2 1/2", 4" & 6 1/2", because the first one worked so absolutely well.

Bought three S&W Sigmas (2 9mm, 1 40S&W) all at once because they were available, and the one I had already was such a good thing. (Gave one to my Dau-in-law for her EDC.

Back in the 70's, a friend of mine was going out of business and I bought a 1911-A1 and an original Colt 1911; Two Llama Especials in 380 ACP (what a treat they were); and a Colt Trooper Mk III in 2", and a matching 4". I've sold or traded off all of them except for one Llama - THAT is one sweet little gun - incidentally, it went to the range with me yesterday - FUN !

It sure is nice when opportunity and money coincide, isn't it?

Flash
    Last edited by Flash; November 2nd, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

Does having two glock 19's count even though I didn't buy them at the same time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast